222nd Division (ComStar)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|222nd Division IV-xi|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Nickname||The Banished Few|
|Parent Formation||7th Army|
Immediately prior to the Clan Invasion, the regular ranked 222nd Division, then a Iota level mix referred to by the nickname of Banished Thoughts, was assigned to the 11th Army and was headquartered on the Lyran Commonwealth world of Antares.
As part of the 11th Army, the 222nd first faced Clan Jade Falcon during the Battle of Tukayyid with the 3rd Army,  and after the Falcons' withdrawal was among those units of the 11th transferred to reinforce the defenders of the secondary target city of Brzo fighting against Clan Wolf. 
While the addition of the 11th Army initially pushed the Wolves back, under cover of a fierce storm Khan Natasha Kerensky's 13th Wolf Guards led the remaining clusters of the Wolves Alpha and Beta Galaxies in quietly breaching the Com Guard lines. While the Precentor Martial spotted the Wolves' advance and sent the 39th and 222nd Divisions to separate and stall the Wolf Spiders until the divisions of the ad-hoc 13th Army could arrive, Phelan's Ax Star instead held the 222nd trapped until the arrival of the rest of the Wolf Spiders. In the midst of this bloody battle, senior Khan Garth Radick was killed, with the 11th Army pushing the advantage and forcing the shocked Wolf warriors into retreat. However the blow to the Wolves' morale was short lived, with Kerensky's 13th Wolf Guards crushing the remains of the 222nd and capturing Brzo for Clan Wolf.   
Like many Com Guard Divisions, the now veteran rated 211th Division changed its nickname after their efforts on Tukayyid to The Banished Few. Rebuilt as a IV-xi formation, the 222nd was transferred to recoup the horrific losses suffered by the 7th Army against Clan Nova Cat, moving its headquarters to the Federated Commonwealth world of Pollux.  After the Free Worlds League Military recaptured Pollux as part of Operation Guerrero in 3057, the 222nd was transferred to Kowloon on the Lyran Alliance's Periphery border to try and prevent a repeat of the Jade Falcon Incursion in 3058. 
Stationed on what at best could be referred to as "the world the Alliance forgot" with fending off the occasional pirate raid the only break to the division's monotonous routine, many of the 222nd viewed their nickname as sadly prophetic. While the unit's CO Precentor Kraig constantly rotated its deployments and took advantage of Kowloon's large tracts of virgin terrain to stage constant exercises, the 222nd's morale began to suffer as many of its troops began to openly question the division's location. By 3067 the situation was so bad that almost an entire Level III had deserted, some to the Word of Blake while many simply disappeared into the Alliance.  
- As of 3049, the 222nd was under the command of Precentor IV Whitney Vergusson.
- The CO in 3067 was Precentor Hart Kraig, who had held the position from at least 3055.   
- The Birdcage lll-omicron: Demi-Precentor IV Barry Rabovsky
- Mobile Menace lll-xi: Demi-Precentor X Brad Tomasheski
- The Blackout lll-mu: Demi-Precentor VI Maria Jorns
- Late Bloomers lll-nu: Demi-Precentor V Paul Davies
- Class Acts lll-xi: Demi-Precentor III Phoebe McLernon
- Blessed Actions Ill-pi: Demi-Precentor III Richard Shaftic
- The 222nd's insignia shows a helmet hung from the stock of an assault rifle that has been driven into the ground. 
- 20-Year Update, p. 71 "9th V-lambda"
- Tukayyid, p. 58, "Campaign: Clan Jade Falcon"
- Tukayyid, p. 90, "Campaign: Clan Wolf"
- Tukayyid, p. 90, "Campaign: Clan Wolf"
- ComStar, pp. 71-72 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Wolf Clan, pp. 50-51 "Days of Armageddon - Wolf"
- ComStar, p. 85, "7th Army V-Iota (The Dark Wave, Talitha Theatre, from 7 to 8 on the "Inner Sphere Clock")"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 33, "7th Army V-iota: The Dark wave"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 86, "7th Army V-iota (The Dark wave)"