2nd Drakøns (Rasalhague Dominion)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Tundra Galaxy|
|Formed||Late 31st Century|
Created during the later years of 31st Century, like other Drakøns Clusters, the unit would adopt its sister unit's traits of the Combat Vehicle only Trinaries, while MechWarriors would still be embracing the use of Melee weapons for close-quarters combat.
The Second Combine-Dominion War
The unit's most noted action was in the Second Battle of Labrea in October 3199, where the Second was teamed with First and the Fourth Bear Regulars. The Second's Aerospace elements would be first to encounter Clan Nova Cat's forces led by saKhan Heather Winters, helping destroy the Nova Cat Legers's DropShip while trying to burn towards the planet. During the month long battle for the planet, a crippled Nova Cat DropShip would plunge itself into Second while on the battlefield. The Broadsword-Class DropShip would take out nine 'Mechs and three stars of Elementals of the Second with it in the resulting explosion on impact. By November 19th the Second along with First Drakøns would be nearly exhausted by the fighting and forced to withdraw from the planet.
Late Dark Age Era
Tundra Galaxy be positioned close to Falcon's Reach near the former Republic of the Sphere border. The Second would be part of the plan to cut off the supply lines into the Falcon's holdings should they be needed.
They like other KungsArmé related units of the Dominion, 2nd Drakøns use combat vehicles to augment their abilities and take full advantage of Clan technology prefering to use range attacks with Long-Range Missiles and artillery batteries. The Cluster like it's other Drakøns unit prefer for close-quarter combat, preferring to use melee attacks.
Second Drakøns Cluster (Regular/Reliable)
- Unit Note: Stationed on Grumium, the unit is at 90% fighting strength, Omni Equipment Rating of 0% Second Line equipment.
- The 2nd Drakøns was created in 3090s, first being noted in Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, where its actions were noted against Clan Nova Cat and the Draconis Combine. There is little information as of this writing on the unit aside from basic information aside their actions on Labrae. Field Manual: 3145 was the first time the unit would appear in a Field Manual.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 163, "Rasalhague Dominion/Tundra Galaxy" - Second Drakøns noted for their combined arms mentality, retaining cluster's mentality of using Melee weapons like hatchets.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, pp. 26, 31, "The Disaster at Soverzene/The Dragon Strikes / Labrea Wave 3" - Nova Cats forces engaged the Second Drakons along with other ally force for control of Labrea and lose.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 163, "Rasalhague Dominion/Tundra Galaxy" - Second along with rest of the Tundra Galaxy posed to cut off Falcon's supply lines to Falcon's Reach.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 172, "Clan Military Forces/Rasalhague Dominion" - "Tundra Galaxy's 2nd Drakøns commanding officer is listed for 3145.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 163, "Rasalhague Dominion\Tundra Galaxy" - Second Drakøns preferred tactics and combat preferences noted in Galaxy write up.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 173, "Clan Force Deployment 31st December 3145 / Tundra Galaxy" - 2nd Drakøns status as of 3145, unit strength, tech levels, and percentage of equipment mix.