76th Division (ComStar)
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|76th Division IV-mu|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Nickname||The Battered Wolf Warriors|
|Parent Formation||5th Army|
Prior to the initial Clan Invasion, the regular-rated 76th Division was known by the nickname of Rigid Compliance and assigned to the 9th Army. Then a IV-theta based formation, the 76th's headquarters world was Alarion in the Lyran side of the Federated Commonwealth. 
Along with the rest of the Ninth Army, the 76th faced Clan Wolf during the Battle of Tukayyid, part of the unsuccessful defense of the secondary target city of Brnzo.   Like many Com Guard Divisions, the 76th chose a new nickname after their experiences in that climatic battle, calling itself The Battered Wolf Warriors, the now IV-mu formation transferred from the 9th Army to bolster the shattered Fifth Army, moving their headquarters to the Capellan Confederation capital of Sian. 
The Confederation transferring its HPG service contract to the Word of Blake in the late 3050's put the 76th in a difficult position. In the absence of orders from either the Primus or Precentor Martial, the 76th's CO refused Capellan government requests to hand over control of the Sian HPG station to the Blakists. The situation initially simmered due to the commitment of the CCAF in the Capellan-St. Ives War and the Chaos March, the 76th suffering from anti-ComStar public opinion and sabotage attempts instead,  but with the conclusion of the St. Ives conflict, increasing pressure from the CCAF and the Word of Blake Militia finally forced the 76th to give up their cantonments and control of the station in 3064. The withdrawal did not help the division's poor morale as it transferred its headquarters to Zurich in the Federated Suns Nanking Salient. 
3062 to 3067
- Infinite Dreams lll-nu: Demi-Precentor Cristian
- Downey Majority Rules lll-mu: Demi-Precentor Frank Precilio
- Razor's Edge Ill-kappa: Demi-Precentor Annie Driscol
- Storm and Stress lll-mu: Demi-Precentor Richard Ryan
- Bold Rascals Ill-lambda: Demi-Precentor Gordon Souden
- Nerves of Steel lll-xi: Demi-Precentor Angelo Dugo
- The insigna of the 76th depicted a blooded wolf. 
- 20-Year Update, p. 71, "9th V-lambda"
- Tukayyid, p. 90, "Campaign: Clan Wolf"
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, pp. 50-51, "Days of Armageddon - Wolf"
- ComStar, p. 85, "5th Army V-omicron"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 29, "5th Army V-Omircon: The Mountaineers"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 85, "5th Army V-Omicron: The Mountaineers"