Aegis (Individual Aegis-class WarShip)
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
Launched in 2372, the Aegis was the first-of-class vessel of the Aegis-class of heavy cruisers, and entered service with the Hegemony Armed Forces as the THS Aegis. The Aegis served the Terran Hegemony until the new Avatar-class began to enter service in 2531; the bulk of the Aegis fleet then went into mothballs, orbiting the sun at a position somewhere between Terra and Mars other than a small number of training vessels.
In 2582 First Lord Ian Cameron issued orders for the mothballed Aegis cruisers to re-enter service, bolstering the new Star League Defense Force in the crucial years of the Reunification War; the recommissioned SLS Aegis underwent a refit in the Di Tron Heavy Industries shipyards that made the Aegis one of the most advanced WarShips of her time; one of the key upgrades to be installed as a Lithium-Fusion Battery system.
The Aegis was one of the ships to take part in the extensive Operation PERSUASIVE FORCE, an SLDF exercise conducted within the Terran Hegemony in 2757 that involved more than fifty divisions of troops and which General Aleksandr Kerensky used as a demonstration for First Lord Richard Cameron II in the hope that Kerensky would be able to regain Richard's trust and give the teenager an idea of the scope of the forces which would be at his command in the future.
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 132, "Aegis"
- The Star League, p. 74, "Fleet Maneuvers, 2757"
- The Star League, p. 74, "On The Question of Nobility"