- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Ailette Zero-G Engineering Exoskeleton|
|Manufacturer||Federated-Boeing Interstellar |
Taurus Territorial Industries
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||10 km/h|
|Armor Type||Standard Armor|
The Ailette Zero-G Exoskeleton is an engineering Exoskeleton which was developed for heavy labor in space and produced by Federated Boeing of Galax. The suit was created to enhance workers' performance at the orbiting Port Simon Naval Shipyards.
After the destruction of Galax in 3069, it is unknown if the Ailette was put into production elsewhere for Federated Boeing. Taurus Territorial Industries did produce a version of the suit however. An experimental refit variant was later created by Taurus Territorial Industries in 3074 as a rescue Power Armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The Ailette's exterior appearance mirrors that of a normal hardened space suit, but the suit been equipped with advanced sensors to allow the user to be able to operate in the hazardous environment of space. This includes an automatic “attitude maintenance mode” which allows the exoskeleton to compensate for movement in Zero Gravity.
For operations in vacuum of space, the Ailette is fitted with an Extended Life Support for extended operations in space and Space Adaptation Gear, both mounted on the main body of the suit. Its user is encased by 50 kilograms of standard armor, preventing damage from minor space objects.
The Ailette has been given the equipment rating of E/X-X-D/C.
- Ailette Rescue PA(L)
- This was an Experimental refit variant of the Ailette, which was produced in the Taurian Concordat during the early Jihad. Created as a SAR (Search and Rescue) Power Armor, the suit was enhanced slightly from the original model. The suit was upgraded to Power Armor (Light), had its ground speed increased to 20 kph, and was given a Mechanical Jump Booster to improve its movement in space. Along with the Ailette's standard equipment, the suit now features Improved Sensors which are found in its right arm. The Rescue, unlike its originator, can utilize the AP ability and has been listed with the Equipment Rating of E/X-X-F/C. The Ailette Rescue PA(L) variant is subject to the following Design Quirks: Easy to Pilot, Prototype. BV (2.0)= 5.
As of this writing, there are no published record sheets for the original exoskeleton. Ailette Rescue PA(L)'s record sheet is only found in XTRO: Periphery.
Much of the suit's functions have no function in regular board game play. Many of its abilities are based on the background information written up for the suit itself. When first published in Vehicle Annex, the Ailette was listed with piece equipment named the Space Adaptation Gear, which was later listed in the TechManual rule book.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 182
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 186, "Ailette Zero-G Engineering Exoskeleton"
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 6
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), PDF p. 169 - Actual Galax Shipyard's name mentioned in company's profile from 3025.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 186 - Ailette Zero-G Engineering Exoskeleton - Suit's background info.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Periphery, p. 15 - Aliette Rescue PA(L)- Experimental Ailette variant includes fate of suit's production after the destruction of Boeing's Galax yard.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Periphery, p. 15, 29 - Stats for Ailette Rescue PA(L) and BV.