|Type (Shape)||Military Aerodyne|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere Standard|
|Armament|| 2 x Large Lasers |
2 x LRM 10s
2 x SRM 6
4 x Medium Lasers (2 rear)
|BV (2.0)|| 2,510|
The Aquarius was first introduced into service in 2515, after the success of its older counterpart, the Lyonesse. It is a large small craft designed to escort spacecraft from a planet's surface to orbiting WarShips or space stations.
Despite having a limited fuel capacity, the ship has been given balanced firepower and heavy armor that rivals many DropShips and Aerospace fighters. The Aquarius was highly sought out craft for its time.
Weapons and Equipment
The ship's principal weaponry includes a pair of Long Range Missile launchers with 2 tons of ammunition. The launchers are augmented by a pair of large lasers for medium range targets. The craft has a Six-tube Short-Range Launchers with medium laser in both wing section. To protect the craft's aft, it has been given an additional two medium lasers.
The ship's fusion engine has been given a maximum thrust of 6, with six tons of fuel.
- A Jihad era variant, the Marik variant replaces all its lasers with Extended-Range models. The ship is given a larger engine to improve the craft's speed. BV (2.0) = 2,568
- Aquarius W1
- This is a Word of Blake variant that was produced in the early years of the Jihad. The Aquarius is changed from an escort craft to a mobile artillery battery, using Arrow IV artillery missiles launcher while grounded. The Blakist variant's armor type is changed out for Ferro-Aluminum while still maintaining same armor protection. Also the ship's engine is altered to increase the ship's speed. BV (2.0) = 2,698
Related Aerospace Small Craft
Originally published in the Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, the Aquarius' maximum thrust was listed as 8 instead of the 6 listed in later Technical Readout: 3075. The general rule of Catalyst Game Labs cites new publications trumps older one, this case the older thrust ratio is changed.
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 268, "Aquarius & Lyonesse"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 183
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 184
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 185