- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Chassis||Bergan Version 6.3 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound 12A1 Standard w/ CASE|
|Communications System||Garret L15|
|Targeting Tracking System||RCA Instatrac Version 8|
|Heat Sinks||15 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Clan Standard Type A3|
Following the move of Clan Ghost Bear to the Inner Sphere, Khan Bjorn Jorgensson ordered the creation of a new BattleMech. The Arcas was designed as a symbol to mark the beginning of a new era, so Loremaster Laurie Tseng named it after a character in the mythology of the Greeks who eventually became the constellation known as Ursa Minor. First produced in 3061, the Arcas is expensive for a second-line 'Mech. It utilizes an XL Engine that enables it to move up to 86 km/h and jump jets for a maximum jump capacity of one hundred fifty meters at a time. The Arcas mounts thirteen and a half tons of standard armor, the most a 'Mech of its size can carry.
Weapons and Equipment
For long range combat, the Arcas carries a Series 7K ER Large Laser in each arm. When the Arcas' opponent closes, it can bring three Smartshot Mk. V Streak SRM-4s and a pair of Kolibri Delta Series Medium Pulse Lasers to bear. These accurate weapons help the second-line warrior once an enemy gets close. Fifteen double heat sinks help keep the 'Mech cool.
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 122-123
- MUL online date for Arcas
- Combat Operations, p. 113
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 214
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 215