Ares (Small Craft)
|Ares Mark IX (Attack Craft)|
|Use||Deep Space Escort|
|Type (Shape)||Small Craft (Military Aerodyne)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Engine (Type)||Fusion Engine|
|Armament|| 1 x ER Large Laser |
2 x Large Pulse Lasers
4 x Medium Pulse Lasers
|Heat Sinks||15 (30)|
|Crew|| 3 Enlisted |
The Ares Mark IX Attack Craft (Also known as the AAC), is a deep space escort vessel thats related to the Mark VII Landing Craft. The ship is based on the ancient Ares Mark I small craft, produced in the 25th Century, and this modern version started production in the middle of the Jihad. Like its ancient predecessor, the ship is used to escort military DropShips through hostile space using its ECM capacities and firepower.
The first notable use of the ship was during the Allied Coalition's Invasion of Terra in 3079, where the design was used to scout ahead of the task force assigned to wipe out the Word of Blake's aerospace defenses.
 Armament and Capacities
The ship arsenal includes a Extended Range Large Laser for long range strikes while the ship approaching its target. Once has closed into optimal range, the ship's twin Large Pulse Lasers and four Medium Pulse Lasers can be brought to bear on the target for devastating effect.
As part of its equipment to carry out its duty as escort vessel, the ship has been fitted with Beagle Active Probe and its uses its built-in ECM capacities. The ship is protected by 27 tons of Standard armor, with focus to nose of the craft. The ship has small 3 ton Cargo Bay for the crew's needs.
- Ares Mark I Long-Range Landing Craft (LRLC) - The original Mark craft produced in middle of the 25th Century. The ancient and bulky craft was named for the Ares Conventions. This vessel and its sister ships were originally produced by IncStar Dymanics.
- Ares Attack Craft Mark I - Based on the Mark I Landing Craft, the ACC Mark I was slower than current Mark IX. The craft was armed with 3 Large Lasers and 4 Medium Lasers with 15 single Heat Sinks to handle its heat. Like all military small craft, it has its standard build-in ECM.
 Related Designs
Though listed on the table of contents for Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, the Ares isn't actually included.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 120 Ares Mark IX (Attack Craft) - Year of production noted.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 120 - Ares Attack Craft history.
- ↑ Strategic Operations, pp. 111-112 Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) - Advanced Aerospace Combat includes information that states military small craft comes with built-in ECM capacity that can aide itself and its charges.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 120 - Ares Mark I background listed, no stat information.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 120 Ares Mark IX Attack Craft - early predecessor stats mentioned, but no details.