|Manufacturer||Coventry Metal Works|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis||Coventry BTZ-VII Endo Steel|
|Armor||Lexington Limited High Grade Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Magna 350 XL|
|Communications System||TharHes Muse 54-58K|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cyclops 9b|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
Taking its name from a term meaning "Lightning War" the Blitzkrieg completely lives up to the name. The Blitzkrieg is built on a lightweight Coventry BTZ-VII Endo Steel chassis and is powered by a Magna 350 XL engine that weighs half as much as a standard fusion engine while giving the 'Mech a top speed of 118.8 km/h. The Blitzkrieg is primarily protected by its high speed and carries six and a half tons of Lexington Limited High Grade Ferro-Fibrous armor that is light for a 'Mech of the Blitzkriegs size.
Weapons and Equipment
The cavernous amount of space in the Blitzkrieg allows it to carry a massive Defiance Thunder Ultra Autocannon/20 that can fire at twice the rate as a standard autocannon. This powerful weapon combined with the 'Mechs high speed lets the Blitzkrieg truly live up to its name by bringing an immense amount of firepower to bear on a target and fading away just as quickly.
- This variant was introduced during the Jihad conflict. It exchanges the 'Mechs Ferro-Fibrous Armor for the weight saving Light Ferro Fibrous and the standard Gyro for a XL Gyro. This allows for the addition of Jump Jets, a Targeting Computer, a C3 Slave Computer, and a Heavy PPC. BV (2.0) = 1,740
- Hollander - The Blitzkrieg was built as a replacement for the lackluster Hollander, improving speed, armor and firepower. However, the Blitzkrieg does not address one of the greatest concerns, the lack of a secondary weapons system.
- Legionnaire - An upgrade on the venerable Centurion, the design and weaponry of the Legionnaire BattleMech was inspired by the performance of the Blitzkrieg during the Federated Commonwealth Civil War. Davion designers based the Legionnaire around a single weapon system; in the case of the Legionnaire, designers chose the newly developed Rotary Autocannon.
- Hollander II - Another improvement over the Hollander BattleMech, the Hollander II increases weight but maintains a similar chassis. The increased weight has been used to add a secondary weapon system or replace the Gauss Rifle with a Heavy Gauss Rifle
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 94-95, "Blitzkrieg 'Mech Profile"
- MUL online date for the Blitzkrieg
- Combat Operations, p. 131
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 123
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 134
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 135
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 76
- Technical Readout: 3055, p. 24