- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
As at 3061 the Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser Storm Crow was a WarShip within the Clan Snow Raven touman and was serving as the CSR Storm Crow, one of five WarShips that made up the Storm Crow Naval Pursuit Star. The Storm Crow continued to serve in the Storm Crow Naval Pursuit Star throughout the 3060s alongside the Texas-class battleship CSR Mountbatten, the Cameron-class battlecruiser CSR Kerensky's Hope, the Conqueror-class carrier CSR Ark Royal and the Carrack-class transport CSR Nestling.
The Storm Crow Naval Pursuit Star was responsible for the scourging of Galedon V, in which every major city on the planet was bombarded from orbit by Snow Raven WarShips a week after the population was given notice to flee; this massively destructive act was retaliation for the perceived involvement of the Draconis Combine in the destruction of the Swift Wing Naval Assault Star at Ramora on the 5th of January 3069, although later investigation subsequently placed the blame for the action on the hands of terrorists backed by the Word of Blake.
Storm Crow was one of three vessels that took fleeing civilians from Galedon as isorla only to subsequently discover that the civilians had brought the Curse of Galedon with them - an Age of War bioweapon later identified as XCON-73 that had been unleashed accidentally during an earlier conflict on the planet. Not only were the civilians infected, but XCON-73 was also being carried through the ventilation systems on all three ships. The three infected ships - the Mountbatten, Nestling and Storm Crow - were declared as targets of a Trial of Annihilation by Star Admiral Troy McKenna, the senior officer among the uninfected vessels. The Nestling immediately vented her holds into space, killing all the civilians aboard, but McKenna's forces pressed the attack; the Captains of all three infected ships fought back, but McKenna's forces prevailed, disabling or destroying all three ships.
It was rumored in 3074 that the Khans of Clan Snow Raven had dispatched salvage and decontamination crews into Draconis Combine space with a view to salvaging the Storm Crow if possible. These rumors were later proved to be true. Having been recovered, the Storm Crow was active in 3079 as part of the Conqueror Naval Star. The Storm Crow was one of the WarShips to subsequently be reactivated by the Snow Ravens during the Dark Age. In 3145 the Storm Crow was a part of the Conqueror Naval Star, which consisted of the Storm Crow, the Conqueror-class Conqueror, the Thera-class carrier Raven's Nest, the Kerensky's Hope and the Aegis-class heavy cruiser Lord Death. At this point the Conqueror Naval Star was operating from Kirbyville as part of Beta Galaxy.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 129, "Storm Crow Naval Pursuit Star"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 64-65, "Naval Assets"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 43, "Scourging the Plague"
- Blake Ascending, p. 210, "Early 3069: The Fog of War"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 45, "Retribution"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 18, "Fleet Assets"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 166, "The Alliance Fleet"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 173, "Beta Galaxy (Storm Crow Galaxy)"