|Manufacturer||Kerensky Memorial Manufacturing|
|Chassis||25T Recon Delta Profile Endo-Steel|
|Engine||250 XXL Engine|
The Cephalus was developed by The Society as an escort unit for their Septicemia series OmniMech. This light 'Mech was designed to serve primarily one purpose: Bringing the Nova Combined Electronic Warfare System (CEWS) to the battlefield. To insure that the Cephalus would survive, the designers used a 250-rated XXL Engine that provides a cruising speed of over 100km/h. Protection for the Cephalus comes from six tons of Ferro-Lamellor armor. Targeting systems were further disrupted by the Chameleon Light Polarization Shield and Null-Signature Systems that the Society built from old SLDF plans. If the speed, armor, and electronic systems failed, the Cephalus pilot (being a valuable and limited resource) was further protected by a Full-Head Ejection System. This ejection system allowed Society warriors to be picked up after the battle was over.
As its role is limited to electronic targeting support and occasional reconnaissance, the Cephalus wasn't often equipped with weaponry. The primary configuration of the Cephalus carried twin Laser AMS systems, one in each side torso. To further protect the 'Mech, it mounted three Modular Armor units on the front torsos. This complete lack of weapons led most Clan warriors to dismiss the Cephalus which made them vulnerable to attacks by other Society-backed forces.
- Alternate Configuration A - Intended for use in broken or rough terrain, the Cephalus-A carried a single Laser AMS in the left torso. The Modular Armor and Light TAG of the primary variant were also removed. In their place the 'Mech carried a TAG system and enough jump jets for a 210 meter jump capability. BV (2.0) = 809
- Alternate Configuration B - Apparently intended as a capture 'Mech, this configuration keeps the Light TAG but replaces the Modular Armor and anti-missile systems with a BattleMech Taser. It retains the Nova CEWS.
- Alternate Configuration C - This version of the Cephalus carries a Plasma Cannon and a Flamer. This configuration is apparently intended as an anti-infantry unit.
- Alternate Configuration D - This configuration mounts a single Improved Heavy Large Laser in the left torso and a trio of Improved Heavy Small Lasers in the right torso.
- Alternate Configuration E - This variant carries a Light TAG and ER Large Laser. An extra heat sink helps deal with the heat generated by the configuration.
- Alternate Configuration U - This variant is intended for underwater combat. It is equipped with seven Underwater Maneuvering Units, which allow it to move more quickly than most 'Mechs that are underwater. Offensively it mounts a single LRT-5 missile rack.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The Wars of Reaving, p. 214-215
- ↑ Wars of Reaving, pp. 91-94
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 55
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 56
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 57
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 58
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 59