|Chalchiuhtotolin Support Tank|
|Mission|| Urban Combat |
|Armor||Forging MD4 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Gorvachs 230 Fusion|
|Communications System||Basix 200|
|Targeting Tracking System||OptiSight-12|
The Chalchiuhtotolin Support Tank is a Clan combat vehicle produced by Clan Jade Falcon during the post-Jihad era. Clan Falcons' leaders ordered the tanks creation out of the need for a vehicle capable of filling an urban combat role. The Chalchiuhtotolin was conceived by a group of Falcon Scientists and Technicians known as the Eagle Craft Group, which were responsible for supplying the designs to the Jade Falcon controlled manufacturer Quikscell Company of the planet Pandora. The vehicle's strange name can be attributed to Clan Merchant Factor Daniel.
The tank in its intended role as an urban combatant is powered by a standard 230-rated Fusion Engine, which is capable of propelling the vehicle up to 86 km/h. The vehicle's hull is further protected by 6.5 tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The tank's weaponry was designed to be as accurate as possible as a means of minimizing damage to property and civilians when performing its urban enforcement duties. The Chalchiuhtotolin's main weapon is a turret mounted Kolibri Delta Series Large Pulse Laser. The energy weapon is backed up by a pair of Pattern J4 Streak-4 SRM launchers that are also placed within the turret.
For anti-infantry and crowd control purposes, the vehicle has four Series 34NC Light Machine Guns. These weapons are mounted along the vehicle's flanks with two dedicated to the front arc of the vehicle, along with a pair of Raid Micro Pulse Lasers. With a dual purpose in mind, a single JF 4 Flamer was added to the turret. The flamer utilizes two ammunition bays, designed with the option of adding an alternate ammunition to aid firefighting crews in the cities. The vehicle also has a single ton of ammo for both the Streak Launcher and all four Light Machine Guns. To help mitigate the tank's heat issues, the tank is fitted with twelve heat sinks.
- Chemical Laser
- An experimental variant developed in 3085 of Chalchiuhtotolin which features a Chemical Large Laser in place of the Large Pulse Laser. A pair of ER Medium Lasers are also installed in the turret, and this version sports two Chaff Pods in lieu of the Vehicle Flamer. The remaining tonnage is used up by an increase in armor protection. BV (2.0) = 1,177
- Bombast Laser
- A second early Dark Age experimental design of the Chalchiuhtotolin introduced also in 3085, this variant uses a mix of experimental Inner Sphere technology. Based on the Chemical Laser version, the turret mounted Chemical Large Laser is swapped out for a Bombast Laser. While the Vehicle Flamer is restored, the two Chaff Pods are removed to make tonnage available for a Targeting Computer. BV (2.0) = 912
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, pp. 48-49, "Chalchiuhtotolin Support Tank"
- MUL online entry for the Chalchiuhtotolin
- MUL online entry for the Chalchiuhtotolin (Chemical Laser) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 192
- MUL online entry for the Chalchiuhtotolin (Bombast Laser) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 191
- MUL online entry for the Chalchiuhtotolin (XL) variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 47