- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- Read more →
As at 3059 the Aegis-class heavy cruiser Chaos Sailor was a WarShip within the Clan Ice Hellion touman and was serving as the CIH Chaos Sailor; the Chaos Sailor continued to serve the Ice Hellions throughout the next decade alongside a sister ship of the same class, the CIH Taney.
When the Ice Hellions launched their invasion of the Clan Jade Falcon Occupation Zone in the Inner Sphere in mid-3071 the Chaos Sailor was one of the WarShips deployed. One of the first actions conducted by all thirteen Ice Helion WarShips including the Chaos Sailor was to secure the Dark Nebula, destroying the small Jade Falcon naval force there and securing the largely-abandoned facility. As a part of the Ice Hellions Alpha Galaxy Naval Star alongside the York-class destroyer CIH Pack Leader and the Ice Hellion flagship, the McKenna-class battleship CIH Cage's Pride, the Pack Leader was then involved in the fleet action at Derf that saw the vast orbital supply station there destroyed thanks to a ferocious but ultimately unsuccessful defense by forces from Clan Jade Falcon's Mu Galaxy.
The Chaos Sailor played an increasingly important part as both the Jade Falcons and Clan Hell's Horses began to work together against the Ice Hellions in 3072; with the Ice Hellion forces driven back to three primary locations - the Dark Nebula, Evciler and Vantaa - the Chaos Sailor found it and the other ships within the Alpha Galaxy Naval Star at Vantaa, facing off forces from both the Jade Falcon Alpha and Gamma Galaxies, soon joined by the Hell's Horses Iota Galaxy, which added the Volga-class transport CHH Mount Olympus to the Falcon's naval strength. In the resulting engagement the Mount Olympus was heavily damaged, as was the Chaos Sailor, and the Pack Leader was disabled.
When the Ice Hellion naval forces were subsequently engaged above Vantaa by the Black Lion-class battlecruiser CJF Jade Aerie and the Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser CJF Hawker; the Chaos Sailor was captured by a daring boarding action conducted by marines, while the Cage's Pride was overwhelmed by the two Jade Falcon WarShips. Following the battle the Chaos Sailor was taken as isorla by the Jade Falcons.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 81, "Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 47 "Ice Hellion Touman" - Naval Assets
- Wars of Reaving, p. 69-71, "The Hellion Strikes"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 84-85, "Icy Fire"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 30, "Chaos Sailor actions during Ice Hellion's invasion and its fate".