- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||York Vehicle Y2 Facility, Kindraa Mick-Kreese Primary Production Facility|
|Communications System||York Y2-Com|
|Targeting Tracking System||York YS-T&T5|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
Following the losses of Clan Blood Spirit during its interference in the Absorption Refusal between Clan Burrock and Clan Star Adder, Khan Karianna Schmitt ordered the development of a new, advanced OmniMech. In order to defray the costs of designing a new 'Mech from the ground up, the Spirits worked with Kindraa Mick-Kreese of Clan Fire Mandrill. They designed this 'Mech together and, in order to cement the bond that the process had created, named it the Crimson Langur. Since its debut in 3065, the Crimson Langur has appeared with the Blood Spirits and their Fire Mandrill allies, but also with Clan Goliath Scorpion and Clan Cloud Cobra. Whether the presence of the Crimson Langur among these other Clans is an indication of improving relations or isorla taken from the battlefield is unclear.
Weapons and Equipment
The Crimson Langur is a remarkably fast 'Mech for its weight. In order to do this, it uses both an XL Engine and an Endo Steel chassis to save weight. The design utilizes ten and a half tons of standard armor, the most the chassis can hold. The base frame utilizes the minimum ten double heat sinks. This only gives the Crimson Langur fifteen tons of space for modular equipment.
The primary configuration of the Crimson Langur is an all-energy configuration. It mounts an arm-mounted ER Large Laser for long-range work and a pair of Heavy Medium Lasers for close-range fighting. An advanced Targeting Computer aids the MechWarrior in hitting his or her targets. Four additional double heat sinks keep the design relatively cool. Five jump jets provide it a maximum jumping capacity of up to one hundred fifty meters. Finally, a Light Active Probe helps to detect hidden units.
- Alt. Config. A
- This long-range support variant uses two of Clan Blood Spirit's favorite weapons. The ER Large Laser for the primary configuration is retained, while the other arm mounts a pair of LRM-15s with enough ammunition to stay in the fight. The jump jets are removed. BV (1.0) = 1,710, BV (2.0) = 2,003
- Alt. Config. B
- This design uses enough jump jets to leap up to two hundred ten meters in a single leap. It also makes use of a Light Active Probe. Offensively, an ATM 9 gives it the ability to deal damage at all ranges, while a trio of ER Medium Lasers ensure a blistering hail of close-range fire. This configuration is a capable battle armor killer. BV (1.0) = 1,981, BV (2.0) = 2,210
- Alt. Config. C
- The main weapon of this variant is clearly the Ultra Autocannon/10. To back up this capable weapon are four ER Micro Lasers and four Micro Pulse Lasers. This can hold its own against hardened targets, while being a powerful force against conventional infantry. BV (1.0) = 1,268, BV (2.0) = 1,437
- Alt. Config. D
- This configuration has the same base movement profile as the Crimson Langur Prime configuration. The weaponry has been replaced however. This configuration carries two ER Micro Lasers, a Medium Pulse Laser, and a Streak SRM-4 in each arm. The lasers are tied into a Targeting Computer, and a Light TAG allows this configuration to call for artillery support. BV (2.0)=1,867
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 116-117, "Crimson Langur"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 202
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, pp. 202-207
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 203
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 204
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 205
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 206
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 207