- This article is about the Combat Vehicle. For the DropShip, see Danais (DropShip).
|Danai Support Vehicle|
|Manufacturer||Detroit Consolidated Vehicle Works|
|Engine||GM 205 Fusion|
|Communications System||Magestrix Alpha|
|Targeting Tracking System||Magestrix Gamma|
|BV (2.0)|| 648|
The Danai Support Vehicle is a combat vehicle produced by the Magistracy of Canopus on Detroit with substantial help from the Capellan Confederation. The vehicle is named for Danai Centrella, the eldest daughter of and heir-apparent to Magestrix Emma Centrella. Danai was killed fighting the Clans on Strana Mechty and the design team felt that naming a vehicle after her would be a fitting tribute to the MechWarrior. After years of design work, the first Danais rolled off the production line in 3073.
The main weapon on the Danai, and the reason for its existence, is a Bithinian Ballistics Thumper artillery piece. This allows the Danai to stay well away from the field of battle and lob shells into it. In case the vehicle's position is overrun and it find itself being attacked, it can utilize two Firmir Improved ER Medium Lasers. They are mounted in a turret, giving them the widest arc possible.
- Danai Arrow - This version of the Danai replaces the standard weaponry and armor with some experimental versions. The main armament has been removed and replaced with an Arrow IV missile system. The ER Medium Lasers in the turret were replaced with four Magshots and a ton of ammunition. One ton of Arrow ammunition is also carried. The Guardian ECM Suite installed in the hull is used to activate the Vehicular Stealth Armor that protects the tank. BV (2.0) = 855
 Design Quirks
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 52-53, "Danai Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 21
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 98
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Experimental Technical Readout: Periphery, p. 8