- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Coventry Metal Works|
|Chassis||Coventry Metal Works Model D-3|
|Communications System||Cyclops 14|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cyclops Multi-Tasker 10|
The Dart was built when the Federated Commonwealth was looking for BattleMechs that were not ammunition dependent. The 'Mech was built with an all energy weapon arsenal on an extremely high-speed chassis. The 'Mech is capable of speeds of up to 151 kph and is armored with three and a half tons of armor. The 'Mech, while lightly armed, is an exceptional recon 'Mech and also works well in a guerrilla force where its use of energy weapons allows it to operate independently.
Weapons and Equipment
The Dart is armed with three Magna 200P Small Pulse Lasers which do not have a long range but provide the Dart with highly accurate short range firepower.
- The 4S modifies the Dart in an attempt to add much needed firepower to the design without sacrificing the 'Mechs independence from ammunition. This is done by removing the three Small Pulse Lasers and replacing them with three Medium Lasers. While this reduces the 'Mech's accuracy, the range and damage profiles are both increased over the 3S model. BV (1.0) = 560, BV (2.0) = 656
- The 6S variant of the Dart increases both its firepower and armor protection. The 'Mech carries four and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. The 'Mech is armed with two Medium Lasers. Even with one less Medium Laser than the 4S model, the 6S brings more overall firepower to the field than the 3S. BV (1.0) = 548, BV (2.0) = 641
- MUL online date for the Dart (BattleMech)
- Combat Operations, p. 127
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 9
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 10
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 11
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 58