Lancelot (Individual Eagle-class WarShip)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The Eagle-class frigate Lancelot and her sister ship FWLS Galahad were both under construction in 3059 and were intended to be escort vessels for the first-of-class carrier of the Thera-class of carriers being built by the Free Worlds League, the FWLS Santorini. The Santorini was due to enter service in 3060 and would form the center of a battle group, alongside the Galahad and Lancelot.
All three ships were serving together in 3067 and following the outbreak of the Jihad the Galahad and Lancelot worked together with the Agamemnon-class heavy cruiser FWLS Menelaus to ambush and destroy two Word of Blake WarShips in the Shiloh system in August 3070. The two vessels destroyed - the Black Lion-class battlecruiser WoBS Xanthos and the Aegis-class heavy cruiser WoBS Impetuous - had both been ships in the secret fleet salvaged by the Free Worlds League prior to the Jihad with aid from the Blakists, and both were among a substantial number of League WarShips suborned by the Blakists following the outbreak of hostilities.
The Lancelot was the last survivor of its class by end of the Jihad. The Lancelot remained in service throughout the Dark Age and after the resurrection of the Free Worlds League would in 3139. One of the last three WarShips in service to the League, the Lancelot operated from the Illium system alongside the Menelaus, protecting the Illium shipyards - one of the last remaining sites in the League where WarShips could be maintained. The third surviving Free Worlds League Navy WarShip, the Thera-class Delos was incapable of either jumping or maneuvering, leaving it trapped in orbit above Oriente.
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 119, "Renovation/Construction"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 144, "Ships Of The FWL"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, pp. 108-109 & Blake Ascending, pp. 268-269, "Fleet Advisory: Shiloh"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 25, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Word of Blake Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 101, "FWLN Fleet"