Lancelot (Individual Eagle-class WarShip)
The Eagle-class frigate Lancelot and her sister ship FWLS Galahad were both under construction in 3059 and were intended to be escort vessels for the first-of-class carrier of the Thera-class of carriers being built by the Free Worlds League, the FWLS Santorini. The Santorini was due to enter service in 3060 and would form the center of a battle group, alongside the Galahad and Lancelot.
All three ships were serving together in 3067 and following the outbreak of the Jihad the Galahad and Lancelot worked together with the Agamemnon-class heavy cruiser FWLS Menelaus to ambush and destroy two Word of Blake WarShips in the Shiloh system in August 3070. The two vessels destroyed - the Black Lion-class battlecruiser WoBS Xanthos and the Aegis-class heavy cruiser WoBS Impetuous - had both been ships in the secret fleet salvaged by the Free Worlds League prior to the Jihad with aid from the Blakists, and both were among a substantial number of League WarShips suborned by the Blakists following the outbreak of hostilities.
The Lancelot, would become the last survivor of it's class by end of the Jihad. The ship would remain service throughout the Republic era of the Dark Age when fractured Free Worlds League would reformed in 3139. In service of the League, it would be one of the two active combatants in League service in 3145. The ship would typically be stationed in the Ionus Star System to protect the Illium shipyards, due to scarity of Warship maintenance facilities.
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 119, "Renovation/Construction"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 144, "Ships Of The FWL"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, pp. 108-109 & Blake Ascending, pp. 268-269, "Fleet Advisory: Shiloh"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 25, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Word of Blake Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 101 FWLNFleet - Status of the Lancelot as of 3145.