Phoenix Hawk L
|Phoenix Hawk L|
|Manufacturer||Cosby Myomer Research Firm|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Foundation CMRFa12 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Durallex Light with CASE|
|Engine||GM 210 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher CommCon SCU-4|
|Targeting Tracking System||Matabushi Sentinel Insulated|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (2.0)|| 1,564|
The Phoenix Hawk L is a Light BattleMech, produced originally for the Draconis Combine at the dawn of the thirty-second century. It was modeled to resemble Crosby's old and remodeled Phoenix Hawk which they had first produced in the 3060s. The 'Mech was Crosby BattleMechs Research Firm's bid to offer a replacement to the venerable Panther BattleMech after the Second Combine-Dominion War. Alternately known as the Fenikkusu Taka, the Phoenix Hawk L retains the movement profile of its heavy predecessor.
Weapons and Equipment
The 'Mech's most prominent weapon is the Tight-Stream Electromagnetic Pulse cannon, which enable it to potentially disable an opponent. The cannon is backed up by a Shigunga 3-Tube Multi-Missile Launcher and a single Victory 23E ER Medium Laser. To fulfill its infantry support role, the 'Mech carries three Heavy Machine Guns.
The Fenikkusu Taka is powered by a GM 210-Rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine, which gives it enough speed to keep up with most Combat Vehicles. The 'Mech's hull is protected by 6.5 tons of Standard armor and standard CASE is found in its left torso. Like the Phoenix Hawk L's Civil War-era predecessor, the 'Mech uses a Full-Head Ejection System for the safety of the pilot.
- A heavily armed version of the PXH-11K, this variant was produced during the Combine's invasion of the Federated Suns in the 3140s. The 'Mech has its right armed-mounted TSEMP Cannon swapped out for a Snub-Nose PPC with a PPC Capacitor. While retaining the MML-3, the 'Mech's Heavy Machine Guns are dropped in favor of adding a second ER Medium Laser in the right arm actuator. BV (2.0)= 1,233
The Phoenix Hawk L was originally created by WizKids for their MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game, and was known as the "Phoenix Hawk I".
The Phoenix Hawk L has the following Design Quirks:
- online date for the Phoenix Hawk L
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 31, 80 - BV2
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 135
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 30 - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 30-31, 80 - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 30, 81 - Stats
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 136