- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis||Corean Model AG47 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Kallon Unity Weave Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||VOX 330 XL|
|Communications System||PCE-5X1 “Zapper” with C³ Master|
|Targeting Tracking System||Reginald Systems Co-Track Gamma|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Fennec is a Medium Class BattleMech that was produced for the Federated Suns in early 3080s. The design was conceived to help address the AFFS need for lighter lance level Command 'Mechs. Corean Enterprises used components from the Legionnaire to help put the design into production at its plant on Augusta. Republic of the Sphere Intelligence reports suggested that early prototypes of the Fennec were deployed in 3080 by the Davion Assault Guard in a conflict with the Taurian Concordat.
The 'Mech features a C3 Master Computer, which allows it to coordinate with other C3 lance mates. 9.5 tons of Kallon Unity Weave Ferro-Fibrous armor protect the 'Mechs advanced systems and XL Fusion Engine. MechWarriors piloting the 'Mech must be mindful of the significant heat produced by its weapons and engine, as the design has only ten double heat sinks.
Weapons and Equipment
The 'Mechs long range weaponry consist of a pair of arm mounted Magna Hellstar PPCs, which are backed up by a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers for close combat.
- This variant of the Fennec developed in 3087 uses a C3 Slave Computer instead of employing the Master Computer. Designed as a companion for the Fennec's C3 Master variant, the 'Mech employs a pair of Light PPCs in place of the pulse lasers. To help alleviate heat issues, the 'Mech has been given two additional double heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 1,551
- This Fennec 3133 variant uses an XXL Engine and Endo Composite skeleton to save weight. The standard C3 Master computer has been replaced with a C3 Boosted Master computer. It carries a Large Re-engineered Laser and a Clan-spec ER Medium Laser in each arm. A Clan-built Light Active Probe allows the 'Mech to identify hidden enemies. Heat management is handled by eleven double heat sinks tied into a Radical Heat Sink System. BV (2.0) = 1,438
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, pp. 28-29, "FEC-1CM Fennec"
- MUL online entry for the Fennec
- MUL online entry for the Fennec FEC-3C variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 121
- MUL online entry for the Fennec FEC-5CM variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 125