- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Industrial Complex Alpha|
|Armor||Raven Comp A|
|Engine||Extralight 315 Fusion|
|Communications System||SR Com 6 w/ECM|
|Targeting Tracking System||Type 13e w/Targeting Computer|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||SR Starlifter 45|
The Goshawk II is a Medium BattleMech built by Clan Snow Raven in the mid-3080s. Based on the heavier Vapor Eagle (also known as the Goshawk), it is produced on the Inner Sphere world of Dante. The Goshawk II was designed as a second-line BattleMech for use exclusively by the Ravens.
Weapons and Equipment
The Goshawk II's only long range weapon is its Series 6b Extended Range Large Laser mounted in the right arm. The bulk of its weaponry is intended for close combat, where it employs a pair of Small Pulse Lasers and a sextuplet of Micro Pulse Lasers. The weaponry is guided by a Targeting Computer, allowing the 'Mech to snipe at significant range. The heat level generated by the 'Mech is kept within limits by 20 double heat sinks.
The Goshawk has been designed to deal with new threats from the Inner Sphere's improved electronics. The 'Mech has been fitted with an ECM Suite to help cut down an opponent's advantages. The 'Mech is protected by nine tons of Raven Comp A Standard Armor.
- Goshawk II 3
- This variant of the Goshawk II is intended for use in space developed also in 3086. The design has its Micro Pulse Lasers and ECM Suite removed and its Small Pulse Lasers upgraded to Medium Pulse Lasers. The cockpit armor protection is enhanced for better protection in space. BV (2.0) = 2,115
- Goshawk II RISC
- Based on the Goshawk II 4, this experimental late Dark Age era refit-variant was created in 3136 by the Republic of the Sphere's Republic Institute of Strategic Combat in secret and was considered to be failure. This variation of the Goshawk II features proximity's RISC's failed Emergency Coolant System. This experimental cooling system, was designed to allow the variant' to manage it's heavy heat load. Majority of it's heat issues comes from it's 315-Rated Extra-Extralight Fusion Engine and weapon's payload. The 'mech features single Streak LRM-10, Plasma Cannon, and a Improved Heavy Large Laser. The Risc variant also features; 7.5 Ferro Fibrous Armor, the mech has reasonable resistance to enemy fire in combat and has ability to moving maximum 110 kph, and uses several Jump Jets give it high mobility. BV(2.0)=1,886
- Goshawk/Vapor Eagle - 55 ton Original design
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 152-153, "Goshawk II"
- MUL online entry for the Goshawk II
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 55
- MUL online entry for the Ghoshwk II 2 variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 217
- MUL online entry for the Ghoshwk II 3 variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 218
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 223, "New Tech, New Upgrades - BattleMechs"
- MUL online entry for the Ghoshwk II (RISC) variant
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3, pp. 6, 25, "Goshawk II RISC"