Heimdall (Combat Vehicle)
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Heimdall Ground Monitor Tank|
|Manufacturer||WC Site 4|
|Engine||Second Grade 285 XL|
|Communications System||K9 Communications System|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hunter (2) Dedicated TTS|
|BV (1.0)|| 1,225|
Commissioned as a defensive combat vehicle by Clan Wolf-in-Exile, the Heimdall Ground Monitor Tank is not meant to operate far from supply lines. Since it is primarily defensive, it can only manage 54 km/h as its top speed. However, an incredible twenty-two tons of armor protect the hide of this behemoth.
Weapons and Equipment
The Heimdall does not take full advantage of its nature as an OmniVehicle, instead mounting two LB-X Autocannon/10s in the front of the vehicle, along with three tons of ammunition. This fact seems to lend credence to the theory that the Heimdall was redesigned towards the end of its development to accommodate ATMs, in addition to the fact that this is the only variant more popular than the standard configuration.
To the twin autocannons, the Heimdall Prime adds a Heavy Large Laser and three Streak SRM-4s, all of which are in the tank's turret. This gives the vehicle a good mix of large-bore weapons to punch holes in an enemy's armor and lighter-caliber weaponry to damage critical systems.
- MUL online date for the Heimdall (Combat Vehicle)
- Combat Operations, p. 119
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 40-41, "Heimdall vehicle"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 57
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 58
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 59
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 60
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 67