|Hesiod Utility Vehicle|
|Use|| Construction |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Wheeled (Medium)|
|Top Speed||60 km/ph|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||Alcohol / 2,666 km|
|Fitted Equipment||Lift Hoist|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 4|
|Crew||2 (2 enlisted/non-rated)|
The Hesiod is a civilian ultra light multi-use utility vehicle which was originally designed to be a cheap alternative to fixed configured conventional vehicles. It was first introduced in 3060 by Earthwerks, they designed the vehicle with Omni Technology. They had hoped that the vehicles ability to be reconfigured would appeal to potiential customers for various uses. Initially the vehicle became a success and was produced across the Inner Sphere. However, by mid-3060s, the FedCom Civil War disrupted sales in those regions, however sales within the League itself sustained the vehicle production. At one point, the vehicle production became so outstripped in the League, the production was outsourced from Earthwerk plants within the Capellan Confederation. The Factory workers on Bernardo would putting pressure to the company about discontinued imports through strikes and rumors of the Capellan base, the Hesiods had a low quality.
Equipment and Capabilities
- Notes: Combine mounted in front at 2.5 tons.
- Notes: Bulldozer mounted in front at 2 tons.
No Cargo Capacity - 1 Door (Rear)
As of this writing, there are no published record sheets for the Hesiod and its alternate-configurations.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 36, "Hesiod Utility Vehicle"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 42, "Hesiod Utility Vehicle"
- online date for the Hesiod
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 230, "Armed And Dangerous - Hesiod Utility Vehicle"