- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Chassis||Chariot Type Ia Endo Steel|
|Engine||Leenex 140 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher CommCon SCU-4|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cat's Eyes 5|
The Kabuto is an impressive light 'Mech that combines speed, armor, and firepower to make an excellent recon and strike BattleMech. To accomplish this, the Kabuto uses an advanced Chariot Type Ia Endo Steel chassis and is powered by a Leenex 140 XL engine that gives the Kabuto an impressive ground speed of 118.8 km/h while also saving weight on the 'Mech for armor and weapons. While the Kabuto is already a hard target to hit because of its ground speed, the 'Mech has four and a half tons of Starshield A armor, giving the Kabuto the maximum amount of armor that a 'Mech of its size can carry.
Weapons and Equipment
The Kabuto has a very straight forward and basic arsenal. For effective and powerful close range firepower, the Kabuto has two Guided Technologies 2nd Gen Streak SRM-4 launchers. The simplicity of its arsenal is one of the keys to the design, allowing for easy resupply and repair as the 'Mech has only one weapons system.
- Hitman - The Kabuto's chassis was developed by modifying the successful Hitman chassis, the Chariot Type I, rather than start from scratch. The designers made this decision in an attempt to repeat the predecessor's success, which was critically important because of the paucity of light BattleMechs deployed by the DCMS.
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 74-75, "Kabuto Profile"
- MUL online entry for Kabuto
- Combat Operations, p. 125
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 56
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 105
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 106 - Kabuto's new variant found in the unabridged 3060 Record sheet book.