- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
|Chassis||Chariot Type I Endo Steel|
|Engine||Kagushima 210 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher CommCon SCU-4 w/Guardian ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cat's Eyes 5 w. Forward 1 and Artemis IV FCS|
|Speed||118.8 km/h (151.2 km/h with MASC)|
The Hitman was designed to work as a spotter 'Mech for advanced Arrow IV missile artillery rounds. In order to do this, the 'Mech is built to be able to close to effective range for its Forward-1 Target Acquisition Gear spotting gear rapidly with a Kagushima 210 XL propelling it up to 118.8 kph and a MASC system pushing the 'Mech up to 151.2 kph in short bursts. The 'Mech also carries an Apple Churchill Guardian ECM Suite to foul any enemy electronics warfare equipment and a Wunderland Beagle Active Probe to detect any hidden enemy units. With the recent invention of semi-guided LRMs the Hitman can also guide LRM fire to a unit targeted with its TAG unit. The Hitman carries five tons of armor protection to protect it against any attacks that may hit it.
Weapons and Equipment
The Hitman carries an arsenal that is capable of striking an enemy regardless of the ranges they are at. For long range engagements while closing with an enemy the Hitman is armed with a Thunderstroke-L LRM-5 with Artemis IV fire control system for increased missile accuracy. When the Hitman closes to the effective range for its TAG it is able to use its three Argra 3L Medium Lasers to defend itself.
- The HM-2 Hitman is a field refit that is popular with units that do not have a large number of artillery assets but do have C3 lances. The TAG unit has been removed in favor of a C3 Slave unit and the LRM-5 launcher has been removed in favor of a Narc Missile Beacon. The 'Mech is able to work as a lead unit in a C3 lance or as a spotter for a fire support lance with its Narc Missile Beacon. BV (1.0) = 691, BV (2.0) = 861
- The Technical Readout: 3055 and Technical Readout: 3055 Revised erroneously listed the Hitman's primary factory location on Ozawa. As Ozawa has been in the hands of the Federated Suns for almost the entirety of the Succession Wars, this was obviously a mistake. Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade correctly places the primary factory on Aix-la-Chapelle.
- MUL online date for the Hitman
- Combat Operations, p. 125
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 22
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 62
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 23