|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||10 km/h|
|Armor Type||Basic Stealth|
|BV (1.0)|| Laser = 30|
Grenade = 22
The Kobold is a battle armor design that was collaborated on by the Free Rasalhague Republic, ComStar, and the second Star League. The idea for such a joint project was developed after the Republic's attempts to procure Kage suits from the Draconis Combine came to naught. So, in 3062, the three powers came together and began to design a battlesuit that could mimic the capabilities of the Kage. After this process began, the concept of the design shifted somewhat to a light armor that can still hold its own in battle. By the mid-3070s the Kobold was firmly a Rasalhague design since the Star League disbanded and the Republic severed ties with ComStar in favor of Clan Ghost Bear.
The Kobold can only jump up to ninety meters at a time, but it does boast enough armor to stop a Medium Laser. This armor is of the basic stealth variety, making it more difficult to target far away. The Kobold has the distinction of being a battle armor suit used by the Inner Sphere, ComStar, and the Clans.
Weapons and Equipment
The sacrifice in mobility resulted in the ability to add a modular weapon mount to the squad support weapon mount. The modular mount so far has two weapons: a Small Laser or a Micro Grenade Launcher. The support weapon carried by the squad leader can be a Light TAG, Flamer, or Small Pulse Laser. As a light-class battle armor, the Kobold can make anti-'Mech attacks and ride mounted on OmniMechs.
- Kobold X-C3
- This version of the Kobold was built by ComStar as a test platform for the Battle Armor C3i system. Though effective in combat, ComStar's engineers had to remove twenty percent of the armor used in the base suit and replace the existing weapon mounts with a single AP Weapon Mount. This unit is essentially a spotter for other friendly units, as its AP Weapon mount will only allow it to successfully engage conventional infantry.
- Grenade Launcher and Flamer
- This squad uses a flamer as the squad support weapon and every other trooper carries a micro grenade launcher. BV (2.0) = 22
- Small Laser and TAG
- This squad uses a Light TAG and Small Lasers for the rest of the squad. BV(2.0)=34
- MUL online date for the Kobold
- Combat Equipment, p. 42
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 19
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 18
- Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar, p. 16
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, pp. 243-245
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 246
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 247
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 248
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, pp. 249-251
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, pp. 252-253
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 254
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, pp. 255-257
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 18