LB 5-X AC
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|LB 5-X AC|
|Tech Base||Clan / Inner Sphere (IS)|
|Year Availability||Clan = 2825 (CCY)|
|Heat|| Clan = 1
IS = 1
|Damage|| Clan = 5 (slug)|
IS = 5 (slug)
|Minimum Range|| Clan = 3
IS = 3 IS(THB) = 4
|Short Range|| Clan = 1-8
IS = 1-7 IS(THB) = 1-8
|Medium Range|| Clan = 9-15
IS = 8-14
|Long Range|| Clan = 16-24
IS = 15-21
|Tons|| Clan = 7
IS = 8
|Critical Slots|| Clan = 4
IS = 5
|Ammo Per Ton|| Clan = 20
IS = 20
|Cost (unloaded)|| Clan = 250,000
IS = 250,000
|Ammo Cost (per ton)|| Clan = 9,000 (slug)|
IS = 9,000 (slug)
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 93|
Like the LB 10-X AC, the LB 5-X AC is capable of firing two different types of ammunition: slug and cluster. A slug shot is akin to a traditional autocannon round that deals 5 points of damage to one location. A cluster shot, however, fragments like a shotgun round and spreads its damage around. This effect creates flak that is useful against VTOLs.
In the years between the Second Exodus and the beginning of Operation KLONDIKE the nascent Clans began development of what would become the LB 5-X. Experimental prototype versions of this new weapon were used during Operation KLONDIKE in small quantities. The Clan Prototype LB 5-X available during this period has identical stats to the Inner Sphere LB 5-X Autocannon, other than that it requires 1 additional critical slot, and when rolling on the Cluster Table to determine the number of hits from cluster munitions, a -1 modifier must be applied to the result, down to a minimum result of 2.
|Mydron Excel 5SG||Gulkana||Yeffters Weapons Factory|
|Type OVR-X ||Unknown||Unknown|
|Unknown||Hesperus II||Defiance Industries|
|Unknown||Kendall||Kali Yama - Alphard Trading Corporation|
This item was also previously published in the Tactical Handbook with slightly different stats.
The LB 5-X Autocannon has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Historical: Operation KLONDIKE, p. 156, "Prototype Clan Systems"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 178 "Thresher"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 50 "Zoyra Light Tank"
- Tactical Handbook, p. 54