|Chassis||Johnston Biped L-25-a2 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Johnston Duraweave 6000 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Jump Jets||Rawlings 80-beta|
|BV (2.0)|| 701|
The Garm is designed to operate as part of a fire support lance, providing long-range direct fire for other units in the lance. As such, the Garm competes directly with the Valkyrie BattleMech. To make the Garm capable of carrying the weapons needed to carry out its intended mission, it is built on a Johnston Biped L-25-a2 Endo Steel chassis that weighs half as much as a standard chassis. The Garm has an Omni 175 fusion engine that allows it a maximum speed of 86.4 km/h. The mobility enjoyed by the Garm is enhanced with five Rawlings 80-beta jump jets that make the 'Mech capable of jumping up to one hundred and fifty meters. The Garm does have relatively light armor for a 'Mech of its size with only three and a half tons of Johnston Duraweave 6000 Ferro-Fibrous armor. This is because the Garm depends on its ability to engage an enemy at long range rather than closing to short ranges.
The Garm is capable of providing direct and indirect fire support. For direct fire support the Garm has a Mydron Excel 5SG LB-X Autocannon/5 which is capable of firing both standard and cluster ammunition. The latter acts like 'Mech sized buckshot. A Federated 10-shot LRM-10 launcher provides the Garm with added long-range combat capabilities and allow the Garm to provide indirect fire support.
- GRM-01B - The 01B variant of the Garm is built to operate independantly of supply lines and increases its long range indirect fire capabilities. To do this, the Garm removes the heavy LB-X Autocannon/5 and replaces it with an ER Large Laser. The 'Mech also adds an Artemis IV fire control system to increase the accuracy of its LRM-10 launcher. The 'Mech adds two heat sinks and an additional ton of armor. BV (1.0) = 732, BV (2.0) = 931
- GRM-01C - Introduced during the FedCom Civil War, the 1C LB-X Autocannon is replaced by a Class 5 Rotary Autocannon. The 2 tons of CASE protected ammunitions to feeds the hungry Rotary. The left torso mounted ER Medium Laser is added as a 'Mech only fall back weapon. BV (1.0) = 960, BV (2.0) = 1,140
- GRM-01A2 - This Advanced Technology variant was introduced during the Jihad. This variant is a complete revision of the design. The Fusion Engine is exchanged for a Light Fusion Engine. The new engine allows for slight increase in 'Mechs armor protection by means of Light Ferro-Fibrous Armor and engine has increased top speed of the 'mech to 60 k/ph. A XL Gyro replaced the 'mech standard Gyro. The LB-X Autocannon is replaced by a Capellan Plasma Cannon and is given 2 tons of ammunition. The 'Mech's heat sinks are upgraded to double strength. CASE protection is provided only for the 'mech LRM ammunition. BV (2.0) = 1,078
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 82-83, "Garm Profile"
- ↑ MUL online date for the Garm
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Combat Operations, p. 127
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 88
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 119
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 89
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 121
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 122 - Rotary variant of the Garm with BV2.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 120 - Jihad era Plasma Cannon variant of the Garm from Record Sheet: 3060 Unabridged.