- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||RAF Manufacturing Center Providence|
|Mech type||Mixed-tech BattleMech|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Lich drone assault 'Mech was designed by the Word of Blake but wasn't fielded until the Republic of the Sphere enacted their Fortress Protocols. As a drone, the Lich is intended to provide direct fire support for Republic units without risking soldiers. The Endo-Composite skeleton is protected by seventeen tons of armor, allowing the Lich to remain in a fight after taking a massive amount of damage. The fact that the Lich uses a Small Cockpit allows more room in the head, which offers its own benefits.
Weapons and Equipment
As a drone the Lich is subject to electronic warfare systems. To prevent problems an Angel ECM Suite is installed in the head. Room for this system was found by using a Small Cockpit. The two side torsos each mount a single Light Gauss Rifle and a Clan-spec ER Large Laser. These weapons have similar firing ranges, and can hit targets at an impressive range. The Light Gauss Rifles only have a single ton of ammunition each, however, which can limit their usefulness.
Protecting against Gauss Rifle explosions are two torso-mounted CASE II systems. To allow the Lich to hang in the fight even after sustaining damage, Clan-built Harjel II repair systems are installed in the three torso locations. These systems effectively "regenerate" small amounts of armor damage.
The UABM-2R has the following Design Quirks:
- MUL Profile for Lich
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3, p. 12