Lu Wei Bing
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
|Lu Wei Bing|
|Chassis||HildCo Type VI-T Endo Steel|
|Armor||Starshield with CASE II|
|Engine||Strand 340 Light|
|Communications System||CeresCom Model 21-RS w/Angel ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||C-Apple Churchill|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sink|
|Jump Jets||120 meters|
The Lu Wei Bing is an Assault Class BattleMech first designed in the thirty-second century by Tao Mechworks for the Armed Forces of the Capellan Confederation. Physically resembling a slightly heavier Victor, the Lu Wei Bing's weapons layout also echoes the twenty-sixth century 'Mech. First produced in 3110, the Lu Wei Bing was produced as a replacement production design after the Confederation lost its Shengli Arms Assault 'Mech factories to the Federated Suns during the Victoria War.
Weapons and Equipment
The Lu Wei Bing is known for its durability in battle. This is due in part to its 16 tons of Standard Armor and the use of reinforced armor around its Cockpit. Constructed with Endo Steel, using four GM Jetstar JumpJets, and powered by a 340-rated Strand Light Fusion Engine, the 'Mech has the same speed and tactical flexibility as the older Victor.
The 'Mech's main weapon is its Class 20 LB-X Autocannon, which is found in its right arm and is fed by four tons of ammunition. This allotment of ammunition gives the 'Mech reasonable duration on the battlefield while using its crippling assault cannon. Unlike its spiritual predecessor, the Lu Wei Bing has more long-range weapons at its disposal in a fight. This includes two left-arm-mounted Ceres Arms Striker Light Particle Projection Cannons and a single Doombud 5-tubed Multi-Missile Launcher found in the left torso. All of the 'Mech's munitions are placed in its right torso with CASE II ensuring the six tons worth of ammunition doesn't detonate in the event of a serious strike to the bays.
The Lu Wei Bing is subject to the following Design Quirk:
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 47 & 94 Lu Wei Bing - BV2
- Master Unit List profile for Lu Wei Bing with Introduction Year & BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 104
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 47 & 94 Lu Wei Bing - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 47 & 94 Lu Wei Bing - Stats
- MechWarrior Online image of the Victor.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 47 & 94 Lu Wei Bing - notes