MHI Amphibious APC
|MHI Amphibious APC|
|Manufacturer||Michaelson Heavy Industries|
|Mission|| Infantry Transport |
|Engine||Michaelson 155 Fusion|
|Communications System||Garret Supremesound|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret GRNDTRK 9|
The MHI Amphibious APC is a light Combat Vehicle; it was designed as an amphibious infantry transport for planetary militia and other secondary forces. Designed by Michaelson Heavy Industries, the vehicle was conceived as part of the company's efforts to cash in to the post-Jihad era of militaries fully transiting to using more Combined Arms. The MHI Amphibious APC was produced in plants found on the worlds of Terra, June, and Ruchbah for a number of factions.
Weapons and Equipment
Designed as an infantry carrier, its main feature is its Infantry Compartment. While passengers are not intended remain aboard it for long durations, its 8 ton capacity allows it to be flexible in transporting modest-sized Infantry formations. The vehicle's standard 155-rated Fusion Engine, gives it decent speed to allow its crews to steer the vehicle away from the front lines. Its 8-tons of armor is able keep the crew and its passengers safe from most incoming fire. The vehicle's other principle feature is its ability to be fully Amphibious, being able float and move anywhere in the water.
With its only defensive/offensive weaponry being its Diverse Optics Extended Range Medium Laser, the vehicle must rely on escorts and its infantry compliment for additional protection.
- Diggs Drone Control Tank
- Created by The Republic of the Sphere this variant of the MHI Amphibious APC sacrifices the infantry bay for a larger Light Fusion engine, allowing it to reach a top speed of 96km/h. It retains the ER Medium Laser and actually increases armament by adding a pair of Light Machine Guns to the turret. The tank is protected by seven and a half tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor and an Angel ECM Suite. The Full Amphibious Equipment is also present. The most deadly feature is the Drone Carrier Control System that allows operators to control four drone 'Mechs or vehicles like the Revenant. BV (2.0) = 785
The MHI Amphibious APC was originally conceived by Wizkids for its MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game as a part of its Falcon's Prey expansion set. The figure would be used as a general combat vehicle used by number of factions used in the CGC game. The vehicle would later adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined in the tabletop game once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
The vehicle features the following Chassis Modifications: Fully Amphibious.
- MUL online date for the MHI Amphibious APC
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, pp. 19 & 71 MHI Amphibious APC - BV2
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 341 MHI Amphibious APC - BV2 from Record Sheet.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, p. 18 MHI Amphibious APC - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, pp. 18-19 & 71 MHI Amphibious APC - Stats
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, p. 10