|Chassis||Solaris Arms Special Light Endo Steel|
|Armor||Durralex Light II Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||GM Rama 270XL|
|Communications System||Endicott Type 22 Master|
|Speed||151 km/h (194 km/h with MASC)|
A Solaris VII BattleMech, the Mantis uses high speed (boosted by MASC) and powerful extended range lasers to slice off enemy armor. Once the Mantis is in grappling range, it can use the experimental Claw systems to literally tear an enemy apart.
The Mantis's main weapon are its two tungsten-reinforced composite Claws. These are backed up by three Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers and two Diverse Optics ER Small Lasers. As the lasers are mounted in the torso, the Mantis can always use the Claws.
- Mantis SA-MN - This older version of the Mantis is equipped with standard lasers rather than extended range lasers. It is no longer in production. It used MASC to provide high speed boosts. BV (2.0) = 704
- MTS-L - Using the standard MTS-S as a base, this variant uses an XL Gyro to free some weight. The MTS-L is equipped with two Medium Pulse Lasers in each torso and a Lance is mounted on the right arm. The MASC system was replaced by Triple Strength Myomer and an experimental engine Supercharger. BV (2.0) = 1,176
- MTS-T - This version keeps the MASC, but also uses an XL Gyro. It uses the weight saved to mount a Targeting Computer. The weapons suite remains the same as the standard Mantis. BV (2.0) = 1,312
- MTS-T2 - This Mantis variant is identical to the MTS-T version, but uses experimental Laser Reflective Armor instead of Ferro-Fibrous Armor.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 224
- ↑ Solaris VII: The Game World 'Mech record sheets, p. 13
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 228
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 223
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 225
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 226