|Use|| Long Range Exploration |
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Armor||4 tons (Heavy Industrial Armor)|
|Communications System||Astar 5|
|Targeting Tracking System||None|
Created as the ultimate expeditionary vehicle, the Marco was built with military grade technology to meet the needs of explorers. The design was not terribly successful, but there was enough demand to keep it in limited production for nearly a decade. Previous 'Mechs used as "ExplorerMechs" were simply retrofitted BattleMechs that had been customized for exploration. Two interesting features of the Marco are the two man cabin (which was a collapsible module that would only operate when the 'Mech was stationary) and the observation deck across the shoulders.
With collapse of the Star League, the General Aleksandr Kerensky took a number of these 'Mechs on his Exodus Fleet into the Deep Periphery. The design was used to Fleet's colonization efforts. After the establishment of the Star League in Exile and the death of General Kerensky, the Pentagon Cluster colonies fragmented into waring factions known as the Pentagon Powers, These groups desperate for anything with fight with would end up refitting Marcos into combat machines uniquely used by the Cluster's warring factions.
Weapons and Equipment
The Marco has environmental sealing in all its locations to keep hazardous environments out. It has a collapsible two-man cabin mounted on its rear torso which can only be used when the 'Mech is stationary. It also has a small observation platform bridging across its shoulders. The 'Mech features a salvage arm in its left arm, a four-ton cargo bay located in its right torso, and a search light mounted in its center torso. For self-defense, the Marco has a Small Laser mounted in its right arm, while its hull is protected by 4 tons of Heavy Industrial grade armor.
The series 6 and 7 model Marcos were created for the SLDF. These 'Mechs came equipped with an integrated satellite uplink, remote-controlled floodlights and modular tool-mount on the right arm. The remaining Marcos that exist as of 3070, are these variants.
- Introduced three years after the MR-6 in 2715, the MR-7 is similar to the earlier version. The 'Mech's communication equipment found in the right torso is reduced by two tons to make way for a 1.5-ton Cargo Hold, while additional of a Remote Sensor Dispenser which was added to the left torso to expand the an explore team's sensor radius. BV(2.0)=295
In what would become Clan Space, several forces desperate for equipment, refitted and armed Marco ExplorerMechs. These weaponized versions are typically no match for dedicated combat units. They were uniquely made and found among the Pentagon Powers.
- Introduced in 2801, this version removes all the standard equipment, retaining only the Environmental Sealing of the 8C. In place of the rest of the standard equipment, the Marco 8D carries a Large Laser in the left arm and an SRM-4 with one ton of ammunition in the right torso. The jump jets are also removed. Ten heat sinks cool the weapons. BV (2.0) = 436
As of this writing, there MUL Profile for MR-6 and MR-7 variants have not been updated with current BV2 or an Alpha Strike Card.
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 70
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 70
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 76 - BV2 Listing from Record Sheets for MR-8C Marco"
- MUL Profile for MR-8C Marco ExploreMEch - BV2 aand Introduction Year
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, pp. 218-219, "Marco Industrial 'Mech Profile"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, pp.158-159 MR-8D & MR-8E Marco - Background information of refit variants exclusive to Pentagon Cluster and the early days of the Clans.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 216 - MR-8 Marco - Background information regarding the 'Mech.
- "Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons", p.76 - MR-8C Marco, "Stats and other details not listed in TRO."
- "Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons", p.74 - MR-6 Marco, "Stats and other details not listed in TRO."
- MUL Profile for the MR-6 Marco ExplorerMech - Introduction Year info only.
- "Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons", p.75 - MR-7 Marco, "Stats and other details not listed in TRO."
- MUL Profile for the MR-7 Marco ExplorerMech - Introduction Year info only.
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 71
- MUL Profile for MR-8D Marco - BV2, Alpha Strike Card, and Intro Year.
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 72
- MUL Profile for MR-8E Marco - BV2, Alpha Strike Card, and Intro Year.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 216, "Marco 'Mech Profile"