- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Targeting Tracking System||Unknown|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Mercury II is a BattleMech designed by Clan Wolverine. The Not-Named-Clan designed the 'Mech in the Clans' early years. The fledgling society built this new design around the existing Mercury, but upgraded it to make it a more effective combatant at the cost of speed. Since the design was produced in the formative years of the Clans, it uses Star League technology.
The Wolverines spared no expense in the production of the Mercury II, including an Endo Steel chassis, seven and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, double heat sinks and an XL Engine. Despite this the medium 'Mech is still slower than its lighter antecedent, only managing 119 km/h, though it makes up for that with jump jets that enable it to leap up to 210 meters at a time. The inclusion of a Beagle Active Probe and Guardian ECM Suite make the 'Mech a capable scout.
Weapons and Equipment
Though the Mercury II is designed to be a scout, it can hold its own in a fight. An ER Large Laser gives it a credible ranged threat, while paired Medium Lasers and Small Lasers make it an effective hunter-killer.
- Mercury - The Mercury II was an enlarged and updated design of the Mercury which was produced near the end of the first Star League.
- MUL online date for Mercury II
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 148, "Mercury II Profile" Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "JS148" defined multiple times with different content