- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- Read more →
|Affiliation||Students for Stone|
Michael Peterson (b. ???? - d. ????) was one of two students responsible for creating the Students for Stone movement on the planet of Genoa in 3078. The Students for Stone movement was a pro-Devlin Stone movement, supporting both the allied commander and his proposals for a new buffer state at the heart of the Inner Sphere. Peterson and fellow student Celia Stevens founded the movement in the Cella City Polytechnic, where both were studying; Peterson would spend time in 3078 in the custody of the Maskirovka, and it's implied that this was due to the establishment of Students for Stone. Peterson was arrested two days after giving an interview to student filmmaker Derrick Ledbetter as a part of a documentary entitled "Stone's Soldiers" which Ledbetter was filming. In the interview, Peterson asserted that he was proud to be Capellan and that the protests with which Peterson was associated were not about rejecting Capellan heritage, but rather ensuring that a Capellan heritage and flavor was included in whatever the post-Jihad political landscape of the region was.
Students for Stone was responsible for pushing the approval rating on Genoa for Devlin Stone up to seventy percent and support for Genoa joining a new nation led by Stone up to sixty-seven percent by late 3079, and was the closing speaker at a rally held on Genoa on the 19th of November that year which featured Melissa Allard-Liao as the principal speaker.
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 14, "Genoans For Stone!"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 75, "Freedom Manifesto"