- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Trellshire Heavy Industries |
|Mass||20 tons |
|Armor||Compound Alpha Ferro-Fibrous |
|Engine||Starfire 180 XL Fusion |
|Speed||162 kph  km/h|
|Communications System||Basix 200 |
|Targeting Tracking System||OptiSight 12 |
|Heat Sinks||10 |
The Nacon Armored Scout was created by Clan Jade Falcon to act as a recon unit. Instead of using expensive BattleMechs for recon, this armored scout allows a Falcon commander to find an opponent and direct heavier units into combat. With a top speed of 162 km/h, the Nacon can quickly find an enemy force and disengage. Protection comes from five tons of Ferro-Fibrous Armor, which provides enough protection for quick escapes. However, the rear armor can only withstand a single PPC hit while the front face can withstand more than four PPC hits. This has encouraged some crews to engage heavier forces head on.
Weapons and Equipment
The Nacon uses a single ATM-6 with two tons of ammunition for its main striking power against heavy targets. The missile system is backed up by two Light Machine Guns for anti-infantry and anti-battle armor work. The relatively light weaponry apparently is used to discourage pursuit rather than engage in a front-line battle.
There are no variants of the Nacon as of 3145.
- The Nacon was first created by Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game as a part of its Falcons Prey expansion set. The figure was used by main four factions during the release as a common combat vehicle. The Nacon was later adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined in the tabletop game once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
The Nacon Armored Scout has the following Design Quirk:
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 12-13
- MUL online date for the Nacon