Niflheim (Individual Leopard-class DropShip)
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
The ship was run like a parody of the "Viking" stereotypes associated with the Free Rasalhague Republic. The captain, Leif Larson, was a hulking man with broad shoulders, his long blond hair worn in pigtails and a fur coat worn over his spacer suit. His first officer styled herself as a blonde valkyrie, and the rest of the crew behaved similarly. The engine room was referred to as "Valhalla".
Operating on Galatea in 3061, they were hired by a ComStar agent with whom they had worked before to smuggle a Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) plus pilot and tech and an Elemental with her battlesuit from Galatea. To this end, they feigned a technical failure shortly after takeoff and made a faux "emergency landing" where they picked up their illicit cargo before continuing their voyage to Tharkad, going via the Svinngarn system.
The ship made planetfall on Tharkad on June 2 and escaped with its passengers in the early morning hours of June 4, just after midnight, despite a lockdown of the Tharkad system, and escaped the system on a freighter from the Outworlds Alliance with both ships feigning ignorance to the radio calls from the planet ordering them to stop. It arrived on the planet Hades in the Phalan system on 3 September 3061.