Oceanic Series II
|Lexan Oceanic Series II Personal VTOL|
|Use|| Personal Transport |
Luxury Air Vehicle
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||VTOL (Medium)|
|Introduced||Star League era|
|Top Speed||230 km/ph|
The Oceanic Series II Personal VTOL is a luxury transport for corporate executives and the ultra rich. Produced during the early Star League era, the vehicle found a niche market for the wealthy.
The Lexan Oceanic company produced the craft with the aid of then Boeing Unlimited, however the Succession Wars saw the destruction of all its factories. By the thirty-first century production resumed at newly acquired New Earth production site reacquired from IrTech after IrTech left the personal VTOL craft business.
Equipment and Capabilities
The Series II is equipped with a Fusion engine, which allows the craft to transport its passengers over unlimited range at high speeds. The craft has been equipped Armor Chassis with 1 ton of BAR 10 rated commercial armor. It also has an ECM Suite to augment the armor protection for its passengers and crew.
The craft has been given a six person passenger capacity with a half ton cargo capacity, with a rear door.
- Lexan Surveillance Helo (Prototype) - A Experimental variant of the Series II, this model was prototyped and placed into a limited production run in 3075. The VTOL was designed to serve as a recon vehicle for the experimental Cloud Ten Air Carrier. The craft features Angel ECM gear and a Recon Camera for its principle mission. The Ocean II's armor has been retained at the BAR 10 Rating. For self-defense purposes, the craft has two small lasers, but they lack any Fire Control to employ them effectively. Six prototypes were sent to the Cloud Ten when it began its promotional tour rally to interest potential customers. BV (2.0) = 232
- Lexan Surveillance Helo (Production Model) - This is the advanced technology version of the militized Lexan VTOL, which was put into production in 3078. The VTOL is two tons heavier than the prototype and has a slightly lower top speed. It is equipped with two small lasers and a Recon Camera mounted in a VTOL Chin Turret. In addition the experimental Angel ECM suite has been traded for a more popular Guardian ECM Suite. BV (2.0) = 232
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 80, "Oceanic Series II"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 80
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks p. 7, 20, "Fluff and Record Sheet for the Lexan Survey Helo"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 25
- Record Sheets: Prototypes, p. 25