- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Use||Ammunition Loading 'Mech, Cargo handling|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Armor||Type 7 IndiPlate Commercial (BAR 5)|
|Engine||Vlar 30 PowerStack Fuel Cell|
|Communications System||Apple Communicator|
|Targeting Tracking System||None|
|BV (2.0)|| 74|
The Patron was designed as an ammunition reloader for the League's first BattleMech design, the Icarus. One of the first LoaderMechs produced in the Inner Sphere, It was created in the Free Worlds League by Atrean Robotics. The Industrial 'Mech was highly successful in its logistical support role for the later Icarus II, which propelled Atrean Robotics into expanding its production facilities to sixteen worlds in the League.
After the phase out of the Icarus II, a more general purpose model of the Patron entered service, replacing the original Icarus specialized models. Few specialized models being found in various museums in the League. The Succession Wars did not bode well for Atrean Robotics. They went out of business from the sheer destruction of the age, resulting in the Patron fading away in the annals of history.
In turbulent times of the Jihad, Graham-Davis Enterprises resumed production of the ancient Industrial 'Mech back in its factory on Tamarind. The newly built Patrons were utilized with Marshal Photon Brett-Marik leading the Duchy of Tamarind FWLM forces against the Lyran and Word of Blake assaults of 3074.
Weapons and Equipment
The 15 ton 'Mech utilizes its hand actuators to lift ammunition racks into BattleMechs. To help it move equipment and ammunition around, it is equipped with a Lift Hoist mounted in its right torso. It is also equipped with a Sprayer in its main body, to cool down overheated BattleMechs returning from the field. It carries .87 tons of insulated Liquid Storage for the sprayer in its cargo bay. It has been optimized for night operations by having a Searchlight mounted on its left torso.
The 'Mech's power plant, a Fuel Cell powered Vlar 30 rated engine is capable of moving the 'Mech at 32 kph. It is lightly protected with 1.5 ton of commercial armor, which makes the 'Mech highly vulnerable to damage.
- Patron (Prototype)
- The first prototypes of the design premiered with the original Icarus in 2470 and utilized Primitive Technology. The 'Mech components were heavier. The prototypes featured a Primitive Cockpit and a larger, less efficient engine. To make room for the bulkier systems, the 'Mech was only equipped with a single Lift Hoist and had a half ton cargo bay. The prototype design was specialized to service only the Icarus II. BV (2.0) = 67
- PTN-2 Patron MilitiaMech
- This variant of the Patron is designed to support the conventional infantry forces normally found in militia units. Though the armor protection and top speed remains the same, the Patron MilitiaMech carries four Light Machine Guns and five Rocket Launcher 10s. The machine guns can quickly chew up enemy infantry, while the rocket launchers provide additional punch against battle armor or light tanks. The searchlight from the original Patron remains in place. BV (2.0) = 143
- Shugosha - A Draconis Combine 20-ton version of the Patron, which is notable for having a fusion engine.
- MUL online date for the Patron
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 262, "Patron LoaderMech"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 251
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 171
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 170
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, p. 3
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 95