Professional Soldiery Liaison
A service division of the Draconis Combine's Ministry of War (Hyöbushö: Ministry of the Expansion of the Glories of the Draconis Combine; the Pillar of Steel) and thus under direct control of the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery High Command, the Professional Soldiery Liaison (PSL) is responsible for handling relations with mercenaries, including recruitment and supervision, implicitly right down to the Company Store scheme. The PSL is organized as a distinct service branch within the Ministry alongside the DCMS, not as an integral part of the DCMS.
The PSL corps is staffed by diplomats and bureaucrats as well as DCMS officers. The latter usually serve as liaison officers, working directly with the mercenary commands in the field and usually also for the ISF. At least from the viewpoint of the DCMS, the rather administrative PSL service is sometimes considered a shameful assignment unbecoming of a true warrior.
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 89
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 96; Handbook: House Kurita, p. 139
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 184
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 130; Handbook: House Kurita, p. 141
- Wolves on the Border, pp. 6, 20-21, 28-29