ProtoMech Quad Melee Weapon System
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The ProtoMech Quad Melee Weapon System (MWS) was first developed in 3064 by The Society. Similar in purpose to the Talons and Claws used in the Solaris VII arenas, the Melee Weapon System is designed to add damage to a ProtoMech's physical attacks. First deployed in 3066 the Melee Weapon System is added to ProtoMechs as a series of claws, tusks, talons, horns, or slashing tail. These modifications are more than cosmetic, inflicting damage on enemy units. Another benefit however is how their appearance can affect enemy troops.
The ProtoMech Quad Melee Weapon System weighs one ton, and must be mounted in the Torso location. It is Advanced Technology and is only available to Quad ProtoMechs. For every five tons (or fraction of five tons) the ProtoMech QMWS adds two points of damage to a Frenzy attack. A critical hit to the system renders the entire Melee System useless.
- The Wars of Reaving, pp. 200-201, "ProtoMech Quad Melee Weapon System"