- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Ashton 'Mech Production Complex|
|Chassis||Medium Series MVV Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound CL20 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Type 275 Standard Fusion|
|Communications System||TJ7 "Siren" ICS w/ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||TRTTS Mark II-beta CWS|
The Rabid Coyote was designed by scientists from Clan Coyote to be a complement to other, slower BattleMechs. First deployed in 3066, the 'Mech was deployed in an effort to stave off the slow decline of the previous decades that had befallen the Clan that created the OmniMech. With an eye towards cost, the Rabid Coyote employs a standard fusion engine, though it does make use of an Endo Steel internal structure and eight and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. Curiously, as the 'Mech is intended to be a bodyguard for larger 'Mechs like the Savage Coyote, front-line warriors spurn the design because they do not wish to be seen merely as "support".
Weapons and Equipment
The close support design uses the largest of Clan Coyote's Advanced Tactical Missile Launchers, the Remer Series Alpha Deuce ATM 12. It has space for four tons of ammunition, allowing for up to three minutes of sustained firing. In addition to the devastation these missiles can cause, the Rabid Coyote also mounts two Kolibri Series Medium Pulse Lasers in each arm.
- Rabid Coyote 2
- Introduced in 3071, this version of the 'Mech fitted with an XL Engine, freeing a great deal of weight. The standard weapons have been removed and instead the Rabid Coyote 2 has a pair of ER Medium Lasers sited in each arm. These are supported by a trio of ATM-3 launchers in each side torso drawing from a combined six tons of reloads. An ECM Suite and Active Probe both disrupt enemy networks and find enemy units. Finally engineers were able to add another double heat sink. The Ferro-Fibrous armor of the original has been replaced with traditional 'Mech armor, but overall protection is actually increased. BV (2.0) = 2,083
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 118-119, "Rabid Coyote 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 209