- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Hellespont Mech Works|
|Chassis||Hellespont Type R2 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Hellespont Lite Stealth|
|Engine||VOX 280 XL|
|Communications System||Ceres Metals Model 777 with Angel ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Apple Churchill 3000 with Bloodhound Active Probe|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The next generation of the Capellan Confederation's iconic Raven scout BattleMech, the Raven II advances that 'Mech further than the experimental Jihad-era Raven X variant, upon which the Raven II is clearly visually based. The Raven II continues the task of delivering advanced electronic warfare equipment to the battlefield, while also moving faster and carrying more armor. The armor in context is seven tons of Stealth Armor, offering adequate protection from light to moderate weapons fire, but not enough to protect the 'Mech from most Assault-class 'Mechs. A lightweight Endo Steel skeleton allows for the Raven II to use a heavier weapons and equipment payload, while a 280-rated VOX XL Fusion Engine enables the 'Mech to move at an acceptable 118 kmph. This speed gives the Raven II enough speed to keep up with many light and medium 'Mechs and vehicles of its era. Although most of the equipment found on the base Raven X was removed, the Raven II does retain the base design's Angel ECM Suite and Bloodhound Active Probe, giving it and any lancemates within proper range many tactical advantages on the field. To accommodate these changes, and its new weapon set, the base Raven X had its weight increased by five tons, therefore making it a Medium-class scout 'Mech.
Weapons and Equipment
The main difference between the Raven II and the original Raven is that this new 'Mech seems to be meant for scout hunting and breaking through enemy lines, as opposed to the latter's fire support role. These new roles are played with the use of a Firmir Hypnos Tight-Stream Electromagnetic Pulse Cannon mounted in the 'Mech's left arm. This weapon empowers the Raven II to quickly shut down an opponent and move on to another, while avoiding damage if this act is done fast enough. MechWarriors piloting the 'Mech should use the TSEMP Cannon with caution, as repeated use can result in problems with the Raven II's electronics systems. Other armament used by the Raven II includes a pair of Firmir Improved Extended Range Medium Lasers and a single Doombud 5-tubed Multi-Missile Launcher. The MML-5 is fed by two one ton ammunition bays located in the left torso; one for short range and the other for long range. The lack of any CASE protection, however, demands that pilots should do anything possible to avoid having their Raven IIs critically struck in this location. An Angel ECM Suite, in addition to the ECM-controlled Stealth Armor, protects this fast machine from appearing on enemy radar and thus making it more difficult to track. A Bloodhound Active Probe allows a Raven II pilot to detect far away targets and put the LRM munitions to good use.
- Raven - The predecessor to the Raven II (more specifically however, the direct predecessor is the Raven X variant). Its role was primarily to deliver a set of advanced electronics equipment to the battlefield of its era, while also providing light fire support. The Raven II accomplishes this, but in a much more reliable and updated way.
The Raven II is subject to the following Design Quirk:
- MUL online entry for the Raven II
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 35
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 92
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 34