- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3062|
|Mass||20 tons[[Category:20 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Leopard Mark I Endo Steel|
|Armor||1/Star Slab Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||GM 180 XL|
|Communications System||Teldon 33 w/Guardian ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Scope 85 RDNST w/TAG|
Produced by Leopard Armor for the Word of Blake, the Red Shift is one of many new BattleMechs being fielded by the Word of Blake Militia. The Red Shift is designed to spot for the Padilla artillery tank, which is also built by Leopard Armor, with its TAG target designator. The Red Shift is built on a lightweight Leopard Mark I Endo Steel chassis and is powered by a GM 180 XL engine that pushes the 'Mech's top speed up to 151.2 km/h. To give the 'Mech the ability to protect itself from advanced electronic warfare systems, the Red Shift has a Guardian ECM Suite. For protection from conventional weapons, the Red Shift has four tons of 1/Star Slab Ferro-Fibrous armor. To dissipate the 'Mech's scant waste heat, the Red Shift is outfitted with ten heat sinks.
Weapons and Equipment
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 44-45, "RDS-2A Red Shift"
- MUL online entry for the Red Shift
- Combat Operations, p. 135, "Force Faction Tables - Word of Blake"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 62
- MUL online entry for the Red Shift RDS-2B variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 63
- MUL online entry for the Red Shift RDS-3A variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 64