- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|Type||Ballistic (Direct, Rapid Fire)|
|Tech Base|| Inner Sphere (IS) Standard|
|Year Availability||3062 (FS)|
|Short Range|| Inner Sphere = 1-6
Clan = 1-8
|Medium Range|| Inner Sphere = 7-12
Clan = 9-17
|Long Range|| Inner Sphere = 13-18
Clan = 18-25
|Aerospace Range|| Inner Sphere = Medium
Clan = Extreme
|Critical Slots|| Inner Sphere = 3
Clan = 4
|Ammo Per Ton||45|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||3,000|
|BV (1.0)||118|
|BV (2.0)||Inner Sphere: 118 / 15 (Ammo)|
Developed in 3062 by the Federated Commonwealth, the Rotary Autocannon/2 is based only loosely on the Autocannon/2. While it has the same bore, it is capable of firing up to six times as many rounds as its standard cousin, allowing it to deal three times the damage of even an Ultra AC/2. The weapon may be use to fire up to six times in a turn, with each additional shot giving the potential for increased damage. At the same time, each extra shot increases the amount of heat the autocannon builds and increases the chance for a jam. Like Ultra autocannons, Rotary autocannons are unable to make use of special munitions.
Clan Diamond Shark's engineers created their own Clan-tech version of the RAC/2, starting development in 3069, producing prototypes in 3073, and finally starting line production in 3104 with the Clan-RAC/2 becoming widely available by 3145.
The Rotary AC/2 is manufactured on the following planets:
|Mydron Model RD||Unknown||Unknown||AS7-D3 Atlas III|||
|Mydron Tornado||Gulkana||Yeffters Weapons Factory||???|||
- Tactical Operations, p. 286, "Clan Rotary Autocannon (RAC)"
- TechManual, pp. 207-208, "Rotary Autocannon"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 404, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 405, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 384, "Clan Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Interstellar Operations, p. 38 "Universal Technology Advancement Table"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, pp. 48-49, "AS7-D3 Atlas"