- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||54 km/h|
|Armor Type||Standard Stealth|
The Rottweiler is a battle armor suit that Lyran Alliance scientists designed as a fast scout. The Fenrir showed how fast a quadruped battlesuit could move, so the team decided to push the envelope with the Rottweiler.
Their efforts resulted in a top speed of 54 km/h. The Rottweiler is an electronics marvel. It has stealth armor that enables the suit to evade detection and makes targeting it more difficult along with advanced sensors so that the unit is never surprised. It mounts enough armor to stop a Clan Medium Pulse Laser. The Rottweiler also incorporates a hatch in its front that mimics a mouth and can carry up to five kilograms of equipment.
Weapons and Equipment
The Rottweiler does not use a turret mount like the Fenrir, as the engineering team opted for a fixed Small Laser instead. This increased pilot comfort as he or she can now lay flat, enabling a Rottweiler squad to go on extended missions due to lessened fatigue. For use against unarmored infantry, the battlesuit carries a "Firedrake" incendiary needler.
- Close Combat
- In the midst of the Jihad and the utter devastation of that conflict, the Lyran Alliance demanded new variants of the Rottweiler to supplement dwindling numbers of front-line battlesuits. The close combat variant keeps the sensors and mission equipment, but changes the weapon configuration. It mounts a Flamer and a Machine Gun, transforming it into a furious infantry killer. It is especially well-suited to urban environments thanks to its high speed. BV (2.0) = 40, 39
- MUL online date for the Rottweiler
- Combat Equipment, . 48
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 23
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 39
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 22
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 22-23
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 40
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 41
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 20