|Royalty class JumpShip|
|Sail Diameter||1140 meters|
|Fuel||500 tons (1/ton)|
|Burn Rate||39.52 tons/burn-day|
|KF Drive Integrity||5|
|Crew||32 (+16 pilots)|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||?|
The Royalty class of JumpShips was a combat transport developed and deployed by the Rim Worlds Republic. It appears to be an armed civilian JumpShip in the sense of a Jolly Roger (as opposed to a WarShip with a Compact Kearny-Fuchida Drive), sporting above-average firepower, armor and thrust and organic aerospace fighter support. By the thirty-first century the class appeared to be extinct.
The Royalty, equipped with a K-F Mark VIII-A drive, is said to be based on the venerable Invader class, although it is considerably larger and resembles the Star Lord class far more judging from its design parameters.
A variation of the Star Lord's Sunburst M220L station keeping/thrust drive can be installed on the Royalty as a replacement for the original thrust engine. The thrust rating of the only known Royalty vessel, modified with Sunburst M220L drive, was given as 1.0g; the original configuration was only said to be capable of providing "over 0.8g" thrust, with excessive fuel consumption above 0.4g.
The original Royalty class features twin Barracuda launchers and "several lasers" in the bow, augmented by gun turrets on the sides of the command and engine sections with either a Gauss Rifle, a SRM-6 with Artemis IV and a Large Pulse Laser, or an AC/20, an AC/5, a PPC and four Medium Lasers. Additional weapon and missile defense systems may have existed.
In addition to its four Docking Collars, the Royalty class has "over a dozen" aerospace fighters and small craft. A retrofitted vessel featured 16 Small Craft cubicles with 4 bay doors, which is presumably the original configuration.
All information available about the Royalty class and the single known vessel of this class, the "Lorelei's Hope" (previously the "Amaris Star"), was published in BattleTechnology, Issue #20. This magazine and its content was considered canon originally, but is not among the exclusive list of canonical sources anymore. The magazine and the information taken from it must thus be regarded as apocryphal.
- The article about this JumpShip class and the "Amaris Star"/"Lorelei's Hope" was written by Gerald Hall, registered here on BTW as User:Tekteam26.
- The ship's stats as described, especially the KF drive core mass in relation to the ship's mass (76.19%), are incompatible with known construction rules. The author admitted to having "fudged" construction rules. As written, the ship utilizes neither a standard (95%) nor a compact (42.5%) KF drive core but something in between; under current rules, it could be assumed to be a primitive drive core of some sort.
- All technical information known is third-hand information provided by a technician who was given the information from a crew member of the Lorelei's Hope. Any and all technical information may thus be inaccurate.
- The ship's classification (JumpShip or WarShip) is also arbitrary because of the drive core and thrust engine.
- BattleTechnology#Issue 20 (pp. 18-21) - "The Saga of the Amaris Star"