- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Ryu Heavy Transport|
|Use||Military Support Transport|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||WiGE (Large)|
|Cruise Speed||50 km/h|
|Flank Speed||80 km/h|
|Armament|| 1x Autocannon/5 |
4x Machine Guns
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 6|
|Crew||9 (2 officers, 3 enlisted/non-rated, 4 gunners)|
The Ryu Heavy Transport (WiGE) was produced by Wakazashi Enterprises for use by planetary militias. Based on Wakazashi's civilian version, the Ryu shares much of the Koi's mechanics and design features.
The craft was designed as a Logistic Support craft, moving military equipment, personnel, vehicles, and BattleMechs if need calls for it. However the vehicle armor has only been slightly increased by ton over its civilian version. Making it vulnerable to weapons fire from the ground. Weapons have been added to provide some defense, but the vehicle is built for use in the strategic rear area.
After the Jihad ended, Kervil became part of The Republic of the Sphere. Kervil housed the main production line of the Koi, Ryu, and Nishikigoi WiGEs. The Republic Armed Forces therefore had access to these WiGEs.
Weapons and Equipment
The ship has been given a basic set of weaponry in order to provide cover fire for troops and other military hardware being off loaded. It has a single Class 5 Autocannon mounted in its turret, while four machine guns, two mounted in front, while a single gun mounted on the sides to provide anti-infantry deterrence. The Autocannon has been given two tons of ammunition while the machine guns have been given a half a ton. These weapons are guided by a Basic Fire Control system.
The Ryu has a cargo bay capacity of 108 tons, with doors front and back for unloading cargo. The craft has an Amphibious Chassis, giving it the capability to load and unload cargo from sea as well as land. The ship is protected by 4 tons of BAR 6 grade commercial armor.
- Koi Heavy Transport
- Wakazashi's civilian WiGE served as the basis for the Ryu.
As of this writing, there are no canon record sheets for this vehicle.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 90, "Ryu Heavy Transport"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 90, "Ryu Heavy Transport"
- online date for the Ryu (vehicle)