|Scimitar Medium Hover Tank|
|Mission||Reconnaissance / Spotting|
|Armor||Protec Tech 7|
|Engine||ConLee 105 Internal Combustion Engine|
|Communications System||Scarborough Talky-2|
|Targeting Tracking System||Scarborough Tracky-2|
The Scimitar Medium Hover Tank is very similar to the Saracen. Following the success of that combat vehicle, Scarborough Limited designed another pair of tanks with the same chassis to capitalize on sales. Their plan was successful, and Scarborough had another hit on their hands, five years after the release of the Saracen.
Weapons and Equipment
The Scimitar mounts an autocannon and a pair of SRM launchers. The autocannon gives it the same range as the Saracen, yet can be used at a closer range than the LRMs of the former machine. Splitting the SRMs into multiple launchers allowed the Scimitar crew to target multiple foes, as well as maintain some weapons capability when one launcher is damaged or jams. All of the weapons are mounted in a turret.
The Armstrong Autocannon/5 is an often used design. Mounted on such classics as the Clint, the Scarborough engineers knew the weapon was already battle tested and would prove a reliable main cannon for their Scimitar.
- This 3050 upgrade to the Scimitar does not use the autocannon. Its its place were a variety of systems. A TAG spotting laser was included to guide missiles and Arrow IV Artillery homing shells. The missile launchers were upgraded to paired SRM-4s, enhanced by an onboard Narc Missile Beacon. The remaining ton is added to the armor plating. BV (1.0) = 328, BV (2.0) = 582
- MUL online date for the Scimitar
- Combat Operations, p. 120
- Technical Readout: 3026, p. 41
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 51
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, p. 40
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 84
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 79
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 32