- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Mass||50 tons[[Category:50 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Corean-II Deluxe Endo Steel|
|Engine||Hermes 250 XL|
|Communications System||Corean Transband-J9|
|Targeting Tracking System||Corean B-Tech with Artemis IV Fire Control|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double Heat Sinks|
The Shockwave was created by the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth in the years after the Jihad. Mobile and heavily-armed for a 50-ton 'Mech, the Shockwave can deliver a withering barrage and has the heat-sinks to keep it up almost indefinitely. The use of standard armor and commonly employed weapons allows the Shockwave to be used on nearly any battlefield. This popularity and ease of maintenance allowed Earthwerks-FWL to export it to many buyers across the Inner Sphere, bringing much-needed capital into their accounts.
The Shockwave is designed to be a tough 'Mech. Its high top speed, strong armor, and powerful weapons make it a popular choice around the Inner Sphere.
Weapons and Equipment
The 'Mech is geared for long-range attacks. The combination of its Artemis IV FCS enhanced Zeus LRM-10 launcher and Martell Extended Range Large Laser provide effective firepower at long range. The ER Large Laser is supplemented by its Imperator Rotary AC/5, which provides devastating firepower should opposing units close in and try to get under the LRM's minimum range. The only drawback to this weapon configuration is the 'Mech's heavy reliance on ammunition. If the ammo bays run dry, the Shockwave's pilot is left with only the single extended range large Laser to defend himself.
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 80-81, "SKW-2F Shockwave"
- MUL online data for the Shockwave
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 60
- MUL online date for the Shockwave SKW-4G variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 118
- MUL online date for the Shockwave SKW-6H variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 122
- MUL online date for the Shockwave SKW-8X variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 123