Small X-Pulse Laser
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
|Small X-Pulse Laser|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||3057 (FC)|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||N/A|
|BV (1.0)||21|
X-Pulse Lasers are an attempt by Inner Sphere technicians to increase the range of pulse lasers to compete with the longer ranges of similar Clan models. X-Pulse lasers are not a new weapon per say, but an upgrade that is separately added to the weapon for an additional cost. X-Pulse lasers also build up tremendous heat but technicians have considered this as a necessary drawback. This weapon is currently still in its prototype stages.
The Small X-Pulse Laser is the smallest of these weapons. It has good damage potential for its heat and boasts almost as much range as a Medium Pulse Laser. Like all pulse lasers, the higher rate of fire allows for increased accuracy.
No production models are available.
- Tactical Operations, p. 407, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 321, "X-Pulse Laser"
- Tactical Operations, p. 406, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 382, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment Battle Value Table"